DJI android app is running all the time
1196 5 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Hello : I just purchased a xperia Z5 for myself and my wife . Her phone was great on the battery , but mine was really bad . Checked in the phone for app battery usage and dji app was 21 % today and 51 % for the day before . Did a manual stop on the app and all is good with the phone now . Just need to remember to shut off the app whenever I restart the phone .. FYI   BUG must be ...

2015-12-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If this is Android, that appears to be normal, at least on mine.  All apps continue running when you "close" them.  If you hit the button that shows all running apps, you can close them all at once.  Anything you've had open since the last time you cleared it will be there.
2015-12-9
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

No, it's not a bug. It is designed to check for firmware updates in the background. Best thing to do is freeze it or use a task killer. That will keep it from using battery when it is idle.
2015-12-9
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-10 04:28
If this is Android, that appears to be normal, at least on mine.  All apps continue running when you ...

That’s what I’m doing all the time and there is another way to boost, take a look at 360 Security – Antivirus, you can find it on Google Play store, it’s free.
2015-12-27
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-9 22:28
If this is Android, that appears to be normal, at least on mine.  All apps continue running when you ...

Between phones and other electronics, my wife and I have about half a dozen Droid devices. On most of them, you need to learn how to access your Widget. (On my phone it simply involves "squeezing" the display.) Once you have access to the Widget, touch it and a special "app" button comes up. Use that button to identify what's running and what you want to close. It's amazing sometimes how many things are running that you didn't know were running!

You can also re-locate that app button to a page where you can see it more quickly. Makes it pretty simple to close all the open crap.

You may have to Google something for your specific Droid device, but it's generally pretty easy to get rid of the running "stuff."

Surprisingly, even on my iPad Mini 4, there was a bunch of crap running - and some of it has been running for several days! Egads!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I just switched to a new Mini 2 and the first question I asked my son, a confirmed AppleSeed, was how to do the same thing.  Just about the same story.  What a joy to have this bigger screen!  Merry Christmas to me.  
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules