Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 with X3 & X5 Firmware
1538 2 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyOptics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so after being told several different things, including completey opposing views from DJI support, can someone categorically answer.....
What firmware updates should be done to an Inspire 1 that uses both X3 and the X5?

I was told to update to the latest Inspire 1 firmware, then told I should follow that by the old Pro firmware, which wouldn't update, then told I should stay using the Inspire 1 FW, then told I should of not updated the Inspire 1 fw but waited for the Pro firmware.....  

Just a straighforward answer would be great, thanks.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what you can do since you have both the X3 and X5.
If you haven't already updated to 1.5.0.30 from Dec 7th Inspire1, update with the X3 camera connected.
Then install the X5 camera and install the Pro firmware (DJI replaced the 1.2 last night, same version# though) and update to 1.2.0.50 and you should be good to go.
For your extra batteries, since the battery fixes are on both Inspire1 and Pro updates, it shouldn't matter if you update them before the X5 update or after.
2015-12-10
Use props
SkyOptics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Ken. That is what I ended up doing, but as I had been told to update to 1.5.0.30 I had done so. However I could not update the X5 then until the latest release from that as the current X5 update was saying it's the same as current version. Could you please answer a couple of questions for my sanity :

What do I have to do with future updates? If an Inspire 1 X3 update comes out, should I do that and if so, does that then overwrite the X5 firmware and a further X5 update is then required?

Does the Inspire 1 X3 update the aircraft and X3 and the Pro/X5 update only update the camera (with an Inspire 1 & added X5 setup) ?

Or do I need to only update using the Pro/X5 in future?

There seems to be a lot of confusion around what update needs doing if you have the setup of an Inspire 1 with X3 and purchase an X5 to run on it.

Thanks a lot
2015-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules