Gps on Remote for Follow Me Mode
2072 6 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

So, i been reading a lot for the follow me mode on the inspire 1. I understand that we need a celluar network device to work BECAUSE it need a gps, but why don't use the gps in th remote?? The manual in page 15 metion the gps on the remote while taking about the dynamic home point.

Maybe someone already answer this  but why we need another signals for a follow me mode?? or its need a 3g/4g  network??

2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, currently app requires your mobile device GPS, but our R&D guys are working on improvements
2015-12-11
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

Bummer! but thanks Paul and Tim for the clarification.
2015-12-11
Use props
alfredosuna
lvl.3
Mexico

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-12 00:12
I was told when I bought our Inspire (and had to go out and buy an iPad to go with), that we would ...

We bought 2 ipad's mini for our bird, its a bummer that i have to put also an iphone. Just hope the follow me will at some point work on the slave controller, so the pilot just focus on the bird, that should be a nice feature.
2015-12-11
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279114 ft
Netherlands

The GPS in the remote DOES update it's position. It's just that DJI doesn't support that in GO as it seems.
In AutoFlightLogic's Autopilot however, follow me works fine with a standard non GPS Ipad Mini2 . The homepoint is dynamically updated and the I1 follows as it should.
2015-12-12
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279114 ft
Netherlands

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-12 10:51
Ah... Now that's interesting. Thanks, Lake_Flyer

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Indeed Paul, in GO I get the weak GPS message when I choose dynamic homepoint. In Autopilot it updates the homepoint as I move around.

Here's an example of how the I1 can follow the RC with non cell iPad Mini2, using Autopilot. Excuses about the overexposure of the whites, it was the brightest and warmest day of the summer and I forgot I still had the camera on auto. But the following was quite OK.
Very short clip. Apart from take off and landing all flying was done by Autopilot in Follow mode. This was in the Autopilot beta phase. Since then Autopilot is update a number of times and is the best and most tested app for IOS out there. In my humble opinion. I beta  tested a couple of follow and waypoint apps. Autopilot works really fine.

2015-12-13
Use props
CheCazzo
New

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-13 09:39
Thanks, Lake_Flyer.

I like the video, too.

Hi PaulKerry,

Have you been able to confirm that the app Lake_Flyer mentioned is working?  
2015-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules