Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Zenmuse XT Thermal Camera: Unlock the Possibilities of Sight
7588 22 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI Zenmuse XT Thermal Camera: Unlock the Possibilities of Sight
1.jpg
Thermal imaging from the air has never been as easy as it is with the DJI Zenmuse XT. By combining DJI’s unrivaled expertise in gimbal technology and image transmission with the industry leading thermal imaging technology of FLIR, the Zenmuse XT is the ultimate solution for rapid and reliable aerial thermal imaging. Unlock the power of aerial thermal imaging like never before by capturing images faster, with pin point precision, overlarge areas, then save them for analysis and reporting.

CAMERA
2.jpg

The camera on the DJI Zenmuse XT isdeveloped by FLIR. It provides high-sensitivity (50mK) infrared scanning at upto 640/30 fps or 336/60 fps depending on the camera model. This sensitivity provides accurate temperature measurements ideal for analytics and telemetry.  Both cameras are available with four lens options to meet different business needs. Stabilized and controlled by a custom DJI gimbal, it provides smooth, clear imagery and 360 degrees of seamless rotational movement.

APPLICATIONS
3.jpg

See the unseen. FLIR cameras reveal details invisible to the naked eye by making subtle differences in temperature visible.This new view on the world can reveal when equipment or buildings are damaged, the location of lost people and much more.

IMAGE ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
4.jpg

Infra-red imagery requires optimization to ensure maximum definition for capturing information. The Zenmuse XT features a suite of image enhancements designed by FLIR including Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE); Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO), which enhances extremes inbi-modal scenes; Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE) that adjusts scene contrast relative to its temperature difference; and Information Based HEQ™ (IBHEQ) which compresses complex image data to create the best quality image.

FINGERTIP CONTROL
5.jpg

The Zenmuse XT can be controlled completely through the DJI GO app, providing a real-time, low latency view of what the camera sees, and instant access to core camera functions including:

Spot metering, temperature measurement at the mid-point
Digital zoom
Single or interval shooting modes
Photo, video preview and download
Take photos while recording video

Various camera settings and parameters including:
-Palette, also referred to as Look-up Table(LUT)
-Scene, also referred to as Automatic GainCorrection (AGC)
-Region of Interest (ROI)
-Isotherm mode

SEAMLESS EFFICIENCY
6.jpg

When used with either the Inspire 1 or the Matrice 100, the Zenmuse XT can be put into the air in seconds. It is seamlessly integrated into aerial systems, giving it complete access to key features including the powerful Lightbridge video transmission system(providing up to 3.1 miles (5KM*) of HD range), automated Point of Interest,Course and Home Lock, Follow Me, and the DJI SDK.

When combined with the Inspire 1, the Zenmuse XT works with incredible speed, efficiency and convenience. If usedwith the Matrice 100, the Zenmuse XT can stay in-flight for up to 35 minutes*,ideal for large scale inspections and especially useful in search and rescue scenarios.

2015-12-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone knows a tutorial or primer or online course on the use of FLIR for agriculture??
2015-12-11
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Looking forward for the release of the XT, DJI!
2015-12-11
Use props
Leonidas
New

United States

Any cost indications floating around?
2015-12-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks nice Tim,

Hope we can get the cost and lead-times soon. Is this using the latest FLIR technology?  
2015-12-12
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

It's going to cost a lot, upwards of $5k or more...but this is a professional tool in a customized made to fit format for the Inspire 1 and the Go App so the price is understood. When you are doing jobs between the $5k-$10k range and when you factor in the revenue stream that his tool will create the price isn't that much of a factor.
2015-12-13
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Skylinewg Posted at 2015-12-13 10:13
It's going to cost a lot, upwards of $5k or more...but this is a professional tool in a customized m ...

Hopefully not that much... It looks like the FLIR Vue camera, which is $1500 for the lower reaches version, and $3000 for the high res.  I can't see gimbal integration costing more than $500...fingers crossed...
2015-12-13
Use props
Thekameleon
lvl.1

United States

I agree StormTrooper the FLIR shown is either the VUE or VUE Pro.  I would expect the highend to be 5k and the lower closer to 3.5k
2015-12-13
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.1

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-18 20:14
According to the DJI website, it would appear that it is the FLIR Tau.

http://www.dji.com/product ...

Awesome. I will gladly pay the premium for the feature set of the Tau series! Like I said it will pay for itself with 2 jobs.
2015-12-18
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to birds waiting on that camera
2015-12-18
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Some more information here:

"The next step for the XT and the Vue Pro is radiometery"
So, confirmation that the XT is not radiometric.

2015-12-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can one do NDVI imaging with this camera?
2016-1-28
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-28 21:39
No. Is the short answer.

Paul..

thanks.     
2016-1-28
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

Anyone considering a purchase of this device - please do your research beforehand and understand exactly what it is you are buying and what it can deliver.
There are some great educational resources on the FLIR website - well worth a read.

Also consider just what your clients actually need in terms of thermal data and information, then compare those requirements against the capability of this unit.
Thermal imaging is not the same as regular photography or videography and requires its own skills and specific procedures.
It is also crucial that you understand just whet you are looking at - otherwise you will be spending big $$ just to capture pretty colours that are useless and commercially irrelevant.

Just as with mapping and photogrammetry, there are specific skills to acquire and practise - the operation of a UAV being just a very small aspect.
2016-1-29
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm ready and waiting DJI.....{:3_60:}
2016-2-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

Entry level (low res) starts at $US5K, you are looking at $US10K for the 640x480 version.
9Hz frame rate for everyone except US and Canada, where you can get 30Hz version.
2016-2-17
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-1-29 04:48
Anyone considering a purchase of this device - please do your research beforehand and understand exa ...

I appreciate your comments, but not very helpful w/o specifics:
There are some great educational resources on the FLIR website - well worth a read.
Links? There are a ton of them.

Thermal imaging is not the same as regular photography or videography and requires its own skills and specific procedures.
Examples?

Just as with mapping and photogrammetry, there are specific skills to acquire and practise -
Like?
2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-3-18 02:55
I appreciate your comments, but not very helpful w/o specifics:
There are some great educational r ...

I'm simply pointing out that there are some areas of difference between still image/videography and thermography. It is a suggestion that prospective purchasers educate themselves before heading out, spending a heap of $$ on the assumption that they can simply plug-n-play and will immediately able to deliver results of value to a client.

It is not that simple.

Forgive me for not spoon feeding you with years of experience.
2016-3-17
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-17 17:11
I'm simply pointing out that there are some areas of difference between still image/videography an ...

Thank you for the non-helpful, smart alecky reply. We come here to learn. If you are not going to offer anything constructive it may be better to spare us the negative-nellie, I-know-more-than-you postings, you contribute nothing.
2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-3-18 09:06
Thank you for the non-helpful, smart alecky reply. We come here to learn. If you are not going to  ...

You couldn't be bothered to simply navigate the FLIR site for information (of which there is plenty clearly available) and instead complained that I hadn't posted specific links to content.

For your information FLIR (and others) offer a range of thermography training courses that go into detail that is well beyond the scope of a simple internet forum. Again, a simply visit to their website and all is clear.

Take your attitude elsewhere and educate yourself.

2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

Herewith some links:

http://courses.infraredtraining.com/
http://www.fluke.com/fluke/auen/ ... k-itp.htm?pid=55774
http://www.scribd.com/doc/620023 ... y-Principles#scribd
http://www.lirkorea.com/Landinst ... rmography_guide.pdf
http://www.flirmedia.com/MMC/THG/Brochures/T820264/T820264_EN.pdf
http://www.omega.com/manuals/manualpdf/Flir12_Booklet.pdf

All of which took less than 5 minutes to locate with a google search.
2016-3-17
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-17 18:53
You couldn't be bothered to simply navigate the FLIR site for information (of which there is plenty ...

Thank your your willingness to share your wisdom, oh great one...
2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Australia

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2016-3-18 10:10
Thank your your willingness to share your wisdom, oh great one...

I see what you did there...

Are you this antagonistic to everyone you meet or are you making special considerations to my case?
If so I feel honored.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules