Camera wont take pictures or videos
13261 15 2015-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mickeylesh123
New

United States

I got my phantom 3 pro a few days ago. i updated all the firmware and everything has been fine. The last time i successefully flew it my flight ended in a light crash. Today I fired up the phantom got it in the sky everything was working fine, except when i went to take a picture the screen on my phone turns grey for a few seconds. When it comes back from the grey screen everything seems fine but no picture is taken. When I go into video mode the screen on my phone just turns black until I go back to picture mode. The sd card is recognized by the phantom and the pictures on it already still work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2015-12-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

May I suggest you try testing this out on a bench, you don't have to fly to shoot photos or video. The usually response to this sort of problem is to check the plugs on the ribbon cables going into the gimbal unit are seated properly. And you may find the feed back to the RC unit is the issue, see if the photos or video are actually being recorded on the SD card.
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Mickeylesh
Please confirm that the problem is you can't take pictures and videos or you just can't find them in your phone . Please check if there's picture or video in your SD card .
2015-12-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick, I updated mine P3P to 1.5 and it won't shoot video.  Pics are fine.  please post instructions to downgrade the RC and the drone to 1.4
2015-12-12
Use props
mickeylesh123
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-12 14:57
Hi , Mickeylesh
Please confirm that the problem is you can't take pictures and videos or you just ca ...

Hey thanks for the response. I have confirmed that the photos are not showing up on sd.
2015-12-12
Use props
mickeylesh123
New

United States

Thanks for the replies everyone. I still haven't fixed the issue. Any and all help is appreciated.
2015-12-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

mickeylessh123, do you get videos but no photos?  I get photos but no video.  fml.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mickeylesh123 Posted at 2015-12-13 03:35
Hey thanks for the response. I have confirmed that the photos are not showing up on sd.

Hi , Mickey
Please contact your dealer or repair center . The crash could have damaged the cables on gimbal or the camera .
North America Support.jpg
2015-12-13
Use props
dana.drone
New

Iran

We have same issue. did you solve your problem ??
2016-6-12
Use props
noimage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295463 ft
United States

I am suddenly having the same issue. Does anyone know why yet? Tried to downgrade and the upgrade my firmware again, nothing. When I take a photo, the screen goes blank and the a swirl goes around the shutter button on the screen for a few seconds and then it shows a DJI logo before coming back to show me the live view.
2016-7-3
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

noimage Posted at 2016-7-4 11:52
I am suddenly having the same issue. Does anyone know why yet? Tried to downgrade and the upgrade my ...

I'm having the exact same issue on my P3P and was wondering if you got yours fixed and how?
2016-8-10
Use props
Royhicken
New

Same issue.  See thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-61606-1-1.html

Still looking for an answer.  Last straw is sending it in to DJI and paying for repairs.  
2016-8-24
Use props
notan
New
Russia

noimage Posted at 2016-7-3 19:52
I am suddenly having the same issue. Does anyone know why yet? Tried to downgrade and the upgrade my firmware again, nothing. When I take a photo, the screen goes blank and the a swirl goes around the shutter button on the screen for a few seconds and then it shows a DJI logo before coming back to show me the live view.

I have the same problem with taking picture, but i can still record video. panthom 4
2017-6-13
Use props
fansbb1479df
New

Canada

I have the same issue, has anyone found a fix for this?
2017-10-27
Use props
Gotstafish
lvl.2
United States

fansbb1479df Posted at 2017-10-27 21:10
I have the same issue, has anyone found a fix for this?

I'm having the same issue as well. Has anybody figured this out yet? Does it have to be sent in and if so what was the problem?
2018-8-6
Use props
djiuser_wZyPRCNB91Lg
New

Iran

Hi
Any body find what's problem for this?
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules