1.5 firmware - DJI please investigate the multiple firmware issues
2417 27 2015-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

The silence is deafening!  We need you to own up to the issues you introduced in the latest firmware and we need you to warn your customers not to install.  You also need to stop having moderators insist on firmware updates when the firmware is suspect.  This is not cool the way you have handled this.
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Sorry about that ! Could you please post a video of your problem ?
2015-12-11
Use props
jscope
lvl.1

Canada

Yeah pretty scary the multiple issues people have been having, notably Phantoms dropping from the sky like rocks.
2015-12-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

1.5 Firmware is just bad , drone fly's strange , it vibrates bad , people are having fly a way's  and crashes , This stuff just does not happen
on Phantom 3 Pro's , until this update. I am actually afraid to fly my P3P for fear of it flying away. and DJI acts like there is not a problem.
Are you guy's not listening to people on this Forum. if you don't know how to fix it , just send out a down grade back to 1.3 on the controller and
the old DJI app , So we can be safe again. You said you upgraded because of drifting problem with 1.4 , I never had a drifting problem.
and even at that , I would rather drift a little than vibrate like the motors were out of balance and have fly a way's and crashes.
This is very serious , and i don't think you guy's are taking it seriously , We done had 2 guy's on the forum loose there drones
in 3 days only after they upgraded the Firmware , And yall just tell them your sorry , That don't cut it , We need a new App upgrade and new Firmware for controller and P3P This week.
Or put it back the way it was ,
2015-12-12
Use props
Dave-r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1214 ft
United Kingdom

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-12 08:54
1.5 Firmware is just bad , drone fly's strange , it vibrates bad , people are having fly a way's  a ...

+1
I haven't any issues after the 1.5 upgrade but I've only had 1short flight
And now with the issues many people have had I'm not flying mine until
1.5 firmware is looked at.
2015-12-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick.  I've posted multiple times and no  one from DJI has responded.  I did the 1.5 update and my P3P will not shoot video.  Pics are fine but no video.  I tried to downgrade the RC and bird to 1.4 but it won't downgrade.  It is an older P3P I'm told since it has the painted prop spindles instead of the black dot on top.  It used to fly amazingly well on 1.4 but i trusted you guys and got burned.  I have been able to fly my second, newer bird (black dot version) because i did not do the 1.5 fw update.

HELP!
2015-12-12
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-12 13:03
Hi ,

Unfortunately I didn't take video of what was happening and my phantom has now crashed while beta testing 1.5 firmware.
2015-12-12
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-12 06:03
Hi ,

Please take a look over this thread  http://forum.dji.com/thread-36287-1-1.html
There's plenty of evidence of the problems there. There are videos of the problem, and all "solutions" that have been tried.
I believe this is a problem mostly/ or only with phantoms with old motors but I might be wrong.
2015-12-12
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

kancur Posted at 2015-12-12 11:14
There's plenty of  ...

Then DJI should send us new motors if thats the problem.
its not our fault , its theres

I would be happy to just go back to 1.3 on the controller and 1.4 on the drone
with the old DJI go app before the update. My drone flew perfect before all these updates.
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-12-12 23:05
DJI-Patrick.  I've posted multiple times and no  one from DJI has responded.  I did the 1.5 update a ...

Hi ,
Please confirm that you've gotten the latest versions .
Aircraft : 1.5.3
RC : 1.5.7
App : 2.4.2
Please post a video that you can take pictures but not videos .
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

kancur Posted at 2015-12-13 00:14
There's plenty of  ...

Hi ,
Please derive the flight log and contact your dealer about that .
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

ChrisC Posted at 2015-12-13 00:40
Then DJI should send us new motors if thats the problem.
its not our fault , its theres

Please derive the flight log and contact support center for analysis .
Upload **ALL the flight log(.DAT files) in the aircraft to dropbox and send us the link:**
a. Connect your aircraft(USB port at the tail) to a PC using the included USB cable. Turn on the Remote Controller and the aircraft, then open the DJI GO app.
b. Click “Mode” icon to view the “Advanced Settings”.
c. Click “MC Enter Read Flight Data Mode”.
d. After a few seconds, the DJI Flight Log disk will be detected by the PC and you will be able to access the data.
North America Support.jpg
2015-12-13
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

No issues for me, just a bit of vibration but I bet it's just my props out of balance
2015-12-14
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

If you've been around these forums for say over 3 months you will learn, every firmware seems to be majorly flawed, it will take them another month, maybe two before its all worked out. In the mean time they will shift the focus to the other money makers like the osmo and FLIR camera. I'll continue to run my p3p on previous firmware versions until they work out the kinks!
2015-12-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fw 1.5 bricked my p3p and had to be sent to dji to repair.  they sent it back, un-repaired.  it is now back at dji for repair, but the marked it is a regular repair not expedited.  what's the deal?
2016-1-19
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I really don't believe there going to fix the problem for us guys with older motors.
That is why they want us to play with the gains , and get it the best we can , They now have the newer model
with new motors and new board. They got our money there going to move on and not make Firmware just for us.
Only for the newer phantom 3 , I have come to this conclusion the other day. it has been almost 3 months since people
( A LOT OF PEOPLE ) not 1% as they say have been having unbelievable Trouble with Vibrations and fly a ways and crashes
because of 1.5 and 1.6 Firmware , And nothing has been done , So you look at the new 2.5.0 go app that came out last week with the
Geo Fence that we were miss lead and not even told about , That grounded everyone even the newer phantoms , And they came out with a New
Go App 2.5.1 in a little over 24 hours. So you tell me , Can't fix a Vibration and fly good , in almost 3 months.
But can fix go App Geo fence grounding in a little over 24 hours.  Now you tell me if there going to fix it?
Not everyone wants to pack all there stuff up and send it to China to have new motors and boards put on a brand new Phantom 3 pro.
It worked perfect before , They screwed it up with bad Firmware , They should be able to fix it with Good Firmware.
I am sorry to rant.  Its just been building up inside me for a week or so. You know if my phantom 3 pro was never perfect.
it might not be a big deal , But they took a perfect flying machine that i could not ask to work and perform better than it did.
And made it just not right , Sure i lowered the gains and its better , But its just not as good as it was. And that is not my
Fault its there's. I treat my P3P with kid gloves , I do compass calibration before every flight , I have never crashed it , i never
even had a hard landing. it just worked perfect , and now its not , And it burns me up as i am sure it does a lot of you
with the same problem , and i know a Firmware fix would make it right , I just don't think we are going to get it.
2016-1-19
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-20 06:50
I really don't believe there going to fix the problem for us guys with older motors.
That is why t ...

I don't remember, but someone from DJI support have written that DJI is working on the issue. Nothing is simple, but if the programmers keep a good history of the code and documentation, they should really know what changed in the code between 1.4 (or before) and 1.5 that affects ESC and motor behaviour. A revert to older code/behaviour should be quite easy and fast to implement.
If I also remember, someone with newer motors also had the issue. I don't know if the person got it solved or not.

I doubt reflashing between firmwares, doing countless IMU calibrations etc. can *solve* the issue. If it would, then it would mean that if you are flashing a firmware it's a 50/50 chance of it not installing correctly, just installing parts of the firmware. So we all could have bad copters with some things flashed, some not... I doubt that. Calibrating IMU and experimenting with the gains is just a band-aid. It can help a bit.

I hope the quality of new firmwares and software releases will improve. Some issues have been raised for a long time, and it don't get fixed. Simple things, like the improved bitrade for I1 that is implemented in NTSC, but not in PAL. 2 released firmwares have been released but still it is not implemented for PAL...
2016-1-19
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-20 01:22
I don't remember, but someone from DJI support have written that DJI is working on the issue. Nothi ...

Rob , This is not going to happen , The problem is , Firmware 1.5 and 1.6
Was designed to work better with the newer motors and ECS board.
It just does not work as well with the older motors and board , and causes
problems. There not going to make Firmware leaning to old motors , Cause there not going
to take a chance it will hurt phantom 3's with new motors. New motor and board Priority
will come first , Not us guys with older motors , That is why they want us to send them to
China and have new motors put on , Cause they can't make the same Firmware that works perfect
on New and older Phantoms. it may have something to do with voltage or something
I don't know but there different. when the motors just setting on the table start reeving
up and vibrating by there self , Something is just out of sink.
2016-1-19
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-20 07:53
Rob , This is not going to happen , The problem is , Firmware 1.5 and 1.6
Was designed to work be ...

A check before flashing could be implemented in the code (IF ESC=old FLASH old, IF ESC=new FLASH new). If that is too difficult to implement, then they could release two firmwares and ask the user to flash the right one. The worst that can happen with the latter is that the user get vibrations like today, flash the right one and it will be gone.

If they don't want to do anything of the above, then they should withdraw all sales of the old Phantom and pay freight and send a new model to everyone. That would probably cost a lot more for DJI and also irritate users who will have to pack down their Phantom, send it and wait for how long until they get a new one back. If you use your Phantom professionally you perhaps loose job opportunities and loose income.

I bought an Inspire 1 form my closest dealer this spring and got the D-version (the newest at the time). Before Christmas I bought the P3Pro and got one with the old motors. It is unpacked and I have flashed the latest firmware and put on prop guards, but I haven't flown it yet, so it's brand new. Would hate that a brand new product have no support...
2016-1-19
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-20 02:29
A check before flashing could be implemented in the code (IF ESC=old FLASH old, IF ESC=new FLASH n ...

Well , you do have some support , They want you to send your brand new Phantom 3
back to China and have it ripped apart and have new motors and board put in
and after a month or two when it gets back , you hope everything works like its
suppose to , people on this forum have done that , and when they got it back it
still did not work right , bad video and other problems. So what are you suppose to
do , send it back a second time.

But you are right , They should make 2 firmwares , one for older phantoms
and one for newer phantoms , But i am not holding my Breath for that one.
2016-1-19
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

A check before flashing could be implemented in the code (IF ESC=old FLASH old, IF ESC=new FLASH n ...

Sorry it double posted , mod please remove this one. Thanks
2016-1-19
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Hi!

I have the "old" P3Pro, with 1.4 firmware, and everything is fine, at the moment. After reading lots, lots of complains about 1.5 and 1.6 I think it's a bad idea upgrading.

So, in that case, what I'm missing if I don't upgrade to 1.6? Can I stay with 1.4 for ever?

Thanks a lot!
2016-1-20
Use props
joelkinker
New

United States

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-20 00:50
That is why t ...

I know how you feel. I got my P3P on the release in May 2015. Was great. Then with the firmware updates it started to drift bad. I put it in the box to wait for a new firmware update. Had some things personally going on and couldn't do anything and then December I seen there were updates and I updated everything after taking it out to do a short flight with it. After the updates now it won't connect with either my Ipad Air 2 or my Android. It starts the motors with the remote but can't use the Ipad or Android on it at all. Tech says all I needed to do is re-log on with the Go app and re-register. LOL. What a joke I can't even get past the screen on my go app that says connect to to the P3P. So again I still have a $1,300.00 paperweight. Worst purchase ever and POOR Tech Support. It's funny I could connect before the upgrades and then can't.
2016-1-20
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I just think its time they stepped up to the plate and fixed this once and for all
There is a lot more phantom 3 pro's with older motors out there than there is newer ones.
if you don't take care of your customers , They wont be coming back.
2016-1-20
Use props
Garychop
New

United States

I would surely wait for new firmware update. Just crashed mine on first flight since update! Well over 100 flights previous with no issues. Today 15 min into flight drone started spinning like a top at 60m. Dropped straight to the ground and destroyed camera and cracked housing on drone that won't be able to fly again. DJI better get the firmware issues corrected because I truly believe that's what happened to mine today. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Replace or try to repair?
2016-2-17
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2016-1-20 08:45
Hi!

I have the "old" P3Pro, with 1.4 firmware, and everything is fine, at the moment. After reading ...

You can stay on FW1.4 if you live in worm place (no winters). Otherwise FW 1.6.04 is the only option for cold weather.
2016-2-17
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

A check before flashing could be implemented in the code (IF ESC=old FLASH old, IF ESC=new FLASH ne ...

There is video of drones with new motors vibrating, so it is not related to old motors, but some mismatch could affect both old and new adversly.
2016-2-17
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Naza-PA Posted at 2016-2-18 00:59
You can stay on FW1.4 if you live in worm place (no winters). Otherwise FW 1.6.04 is the only opti ...

Hi!

I've been flying during 12 days in the Alps, with cold weather and without issues at all. Flying time per battery around 14 minutes, with temperatures between -2 and 2 degrees. Any issue at the moment...

The only issue I had one morning was around 2 minutes waiting the IMU to heat up, but it was really cold outside.

Also here in the Pyrenees, flying with temperatures between -3 and 4 degrees, and no problems!
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules