Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sporadic no audio - Quicktime error -12842
4436 17 2015-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sallf
New

United States

Did some test shooting with the Osmo and when I pulled the footage up on my Mac (10.9.5) noticed some clips did not capture audio. It seems pretty sporadic but affects about 50% of the clips. Shooting 1080 at 60fps.
Uploaded some samples -
No audio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mque6y3wz9x32l0/DJI_0001.MOV?dl=0
With audio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5bkkvkz7hcj777/DJI_0008.MOV?dl=0

Another weird thing is the clips without audio won't open in Quicktime (pulls error -12842) and won't play in Premiere CC. However this is just on my Mac, I pulled the same clips up on my PC and they do play and work in Premiere CC, but still no audio.

I am not using any external mics. Anyone else having this problem?
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the engineers are analyzing your files right now, I will give you a feedback soon. Thanks.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Have you enabled the audio for both videos?
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, did the no audio problem occur frequently? Was there a warning tone when you pressed the record button?
2015-12-14
Use props
rogatw
New

Taiwan

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 10:26
Hi, did the no audio problem occur frequently? Was there a warning tone when you pressed the record  ...

I occurred same problem.

If I use OSMO with APP, there seems no problem.

But if I use OSMO without APP ( press the button on the control stick to start / stop record).

It happened a lot. I got 35 files no sound (122 files total)

I thought that is a quite serious problem.

My memory card is "SanDisk Extreme microSD U3 64GB "
My APP and firmware is the latest version.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rogatw Posted at 2015-12-23 23:14
I occurred same problem.

If I use OSMO with APP, there seems no problem.

Hi rogatw, these are the possible reasons for the no audio issue:
1) The customer might start to record immediately after the power on of Osmo: This will cause the no audio issue, since the camera haven't finished the start-up process. Solution: Please wait for a while after the power on of Osmo. Then try to start record and make sure there is a warning tone when you pressed the record button. That warning tone means the camera is recording normally. Instead, if you can't hear any warning tone, it means the record is abnormal or the camera is not ready.  In your case, when you start recording without the phone, it's highly possible result from the camera start-up time reason.  Please do more tests.
2) The customer might have disabled the audio recording in the app: Make sure the audio recording function is enabled. (This is not the reason for your case)

Please send the original no audio files here as soon as possible. You can upload it to Dropbox or Mega and share the download link here. Those files are very precious for us to locate the reason. Thank you very much.

2015-12-23
Use props
rogatw
New

Taiwan

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-24 10:29
Hi rogatw, these are the possible reasons for the no audio issue:
1) The customer might start to re ...

the link is here

https://mega.nz/#F!qREwFArT!wgRIMoz_OCR0IE1hQzDz4Q
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks, rogatw, it must have taken you much time to upload it. A million thanks to you. I will give you feedback once we've analyzed it. At the same, you can try to upgrade to the latest firmware v1.4.1.80.(Please try to upgrade it by SD card)  Please do some test and see if the problem still persist since we've fixed the first possibility in the update version.
2015-12-28
Use props
airnelson2007.y
New

United States

Just had an interview ruined due to this problem.  Running the latest firmware and Go App.  Audio randomly went out in the middle of a recording and the next two video files after that one I get the 12842 error.  This is unacceptable.  This was with the X5 camera.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

airnelson2007.y Posted at 2016-6-11 03:56
Just had an interview ruined due to this problem.  Running the latest firmware and Go App.  Audio ra ...

Hello.
Could you please upload the original file for our analysis?
Have you tried with other Media Player and how did that work?
Please make sure the the sound source is not the issue.
Any more details would be appreciated.
Thanks.
2016-6-12
Use props
Kcollins1800
New

United States

I'm having this issue as well. When I play this video back in the App on my phone (while connected to the Osmo), I can hear everything just fine.

However once I opened this in my computer (Quicktime and IMovie), the audio is gone. Here's the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ysql9 ... ugh%201080.mov?dl=0

Any insight? Thanks so much!

-Katelyn
2016-6-29
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 11:09
Hello.
Have you tried with other Medi ...

I'm having the same problem.

Both internal and external audio is enabled, with the X5....all firmware is up to date, but the audio sporadically cuts out on the recording. Some recordings, the audio cuts out half way through, others no audio at all.

My memory cards are Sandisk extreme pro 64Gb 95mb/s, and i interchange 3 of them....same thing..
2016-7-4
Use props
Kcollins1800
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 06:09
Hello.
Have you tried with other Medi ...

Hey DJI --

Could you let me know if there's any update on this? I linked to the video where I was having this issue below.

Thanks!

Katelyn
2016-7-7
Use props
Kcollins1800
New

United States

Hey Everyone -

I may have fixed my own issue. I updated to the latest firmware. Then I put the SD card back in the Osmo and watched the videos through the app (I don't think this had anything to do with it, but just in case I'm including it). Then I opened the video on my computer straight from the SD card (not photos on my mac). Then I was able to open and hear through Quicktime as well as IMovie.

Hope this helps someone!

Katelyn
2016-7-7
Use props
fans26caf8d2
New

Brazil

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-13 22:37
Hi, the engineers are analyzing your files right now, I will give you a feedback soon. Thanks.

Hi, I have one osmo plus and all my footages give error -12842 in quicktime and in all editing software. I have no sound with my internal or external microphone. I have already updated the firmware, reboot, downgrade, updated again and nothing. What do I do? My Osmo came with factory defect?
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans26caf8d2 Posted at 2017-1-8 12:28
Hi, I have one osmo plus and all my footages give error -12842 in quicktime and in all editing software. I have no sound with my internal or external microphone. I have already updated the firmware, reboot, downgrade, updated again and nothing. What do I do? My Osmo came with factory defect?

Also try another SD card,  a different resolution, if it still doesn't work, send in the unit to DJI.
2017-1-10
Use props
RobGif
New

Italy

Hi, I have been having a similar issue with footage shot on my Osmo - a majority of the files i have shot recently will not open on my mac in premiere pro or quicktime and display "The document could not be opened. An unknown error occured (-12842)"   

The videos work in the preview mode (when pressing the space bar) but do not have sound.

File attached here for example >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp6n9z0dqw2mr46/ChaletExpress2.MOV?dl=0
2017-3-10
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

I just started to have this problem too, on an Osmo Pro using an X5 camera... I just went to dump some files from a shoot I did on a trip and i'm getting a "An unknown error occurred (-12842)" from quicktime, If I try to import into adobe media encoder i get a "source file has no importable streams" error. I've used this hardware many times successfully, had not changed any audio settings, tried two SD cards... I'll try updating the firmware, but is there any way of salvaging the footage? I really don't want to disappoint the person I did the shoot for.
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules