Stuck for a week to start playing with my dji phantom 2 vision+
939 8 2015-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wojciech.kulesz
lvl.1

Poland

Dear DJI community,
I have been trying to get started with DJI phantom 2 vision+ that I borrowed, with absolutely no success.
Let me share on what I have managed to get and what kind of problems I stumbled upon, with hope that somebody might help me out.

1. Switched on controller, range extender, dji battery inside of the vision+
2. started the dji-vision app, used a pin to reset range extender and then was able to see and connect to Phantom wifi (I have switched on airplane mode and only enable wifi on oneplus one, oneplus two and iphone 4s)
3. went to binding in the app, was unable to bind using qr code (in oneplus it was not recognized and in iphone it said about invalid qr code when scanning it) but was able to bind providing the mac address (i have found it using wifi analyzer app on android devices)
4. after i got the message that the binding was successfull and exited that mode to main menu, I could see that the app reads "connect to wifi" instead of mentioning Phantom as the network i'm connected to.

issue 1: starting the camera mode in the app ends with failure message that its disconnected
issue 2: when hitting the 'connect to wifi' in the app, i can see the list of available wifi networks, and next to phantom i can see first a message that reads that the connection has no internet connection and then the phantom ssid dissapears completelty from the list of available networks. after i reset the range extender with a pin, i'm required to re-do the binding process, after which the whole problem with dropping the wifi connection re-appears.

Please help me, this is so frustrating to have the DJI on tests and not being able to fly it for a over a week now !
Is there something I'm doing wrong (or not doing?) or is this thing broken somehow ?

Regards,
Wojciech

2015-12-12
Use props
wojciech.kulesz
lvl.1

Poland

hey.
could any1 provide any hints? i'm really stuck and after searching through this forum, I haven't found anything to solve me above described problem ?
2015-12-14
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First of all only bind it one and quit hitting the pin. Once it's bound properly then it's the next step to connect. When you turn on the wifi extender turn on the controller then the Phantomxxxxx m itself. Go to you phone settings to wifi. Look for the Phantom SID and tap connect. It would then say connected. Go to the app and bring it up. At top of the app it would show the Phantom as the wifi connected. Don't this steps and let us know what you're met.
2015-12-14
Use props
wojciech.kulesz
lvl.1

Poland

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-12-14 21:46
First of all only bind it one and quit hitting the pin. Once it's bound properly then it's the next  ...

roy, thanx for responding.

When i'm trying to only do binding via app without connecting to wifi extender "I'm getting Wi-Fi repeater connection failed" message.
So i first connect to Phantom network visible in available wifi ssid, then start the app and perform binding (can only do it using mac address, as scanning qr code does nothing", after this i get a message "Binding successfull" and I confirm and exit to main menu. I can see i'm still connected to Phantom ssid. When i click on it, I can see that i'm connected to Phantom but there's additional message explaining that this network has no internet access.

When i shut down everything and switch on wifi extender, controller, phantom and start the app, Phantom ssid doesn't even appear in the available wifi networks (neither in phone, nor via the dji vision app).

2015-12-15
Use props
qlex
lvl.1

Poland

Roy and others
2015-12-16
Use props
qlex
lvl.1

Poland

Do you have any other suggestions ? (Sorry writing from phone and hit reply by mistake in previous message)
2015-12-16
Use props
qlex
lvl.1

Poland

Anyone please ?
roy suggested how to do it, I followed and for the time being it got me nowhere closer to flying this thing....
i'm frustrated...
2015-12-17
Use props
qlex
lvl.1

Poland

Is there really noone that can help me get out from this misery? I'm about to give phantom 2+plus back and never play with it before. I think i tried everytjing but couldnt get the app to show me live view from the cam which makes the dji unusable.
2015-12-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

qlex, hard to diagnose from abroad to a degree, any chance the individual you borrowed it from can give you some input?
As for the binding and rebinding, not sure, i never had that issue at all even from new out of the box, i only had to rebind once when i bought a second RC.
As for the network thing, you should be in airplane mode, turn wifi on, disable any other wifi networks except the phantom and make sure it is selected, once done it should be fine.
Is the wifi module fully charged? as it has its own charge port as well, all of the light sequences you should see/need are spelled out in the manual and i have added a link here to the manual so you can check to see what you are getting and if it is right. it is fairly well laid out in the manual for each part of the phantom, RC, wifi etc. and all light codes are listed...
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Manual_v1.8_en.pdf
There is also a great support document that could assist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
finally, make sure all cables at the base of the Phantom and to the camera are seated well, it is not uncommon for users to find a cable that looked seated but was just out a bit.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules