Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge and A2 connection problems
2771 7 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimy
lvl.1

Australia

I am having problems with my S1000 with A2, Lightbridge and Canon 5d mark iii. I have mapped all the channels in lightbridge assistant and the A2 software and all channels appears to be functioning correctly through assistant, however;
1. Motors will not start
2. Zenmuse Z15-5D gimbal not responding to any commands (tilt, roll etc) except shutter switch is functioning correctly
3. I have a red video LED on lightbridge air unit and red LED on gimbal although I am getting live camera feed on my monitor

I have changed the A2 reciever setting to D-BUS in the software and all wires appear to be plugged in correctly. Any ideas as to why I am having these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2014-12-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

What the LED pattern? Are you sure you have end points setup correctly for the U channel? Each Flight mode should turn blue when activated.
2014-12-27
Use props
Jimy
lvl.1

Australia

All endpoints are setup correctly and each mode turns blue when activated. I have got the motors to start but redoing a compass calibration however I still cannot get the gimbal to respond to commands. The gimbal is the HD version by the way and setup single operator with a Futaba 14SG. Also is it normal to have a red LED on the A2 controller unit as I am running everything through Lightbridge? Cheers.
2014-12-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you mapped channels in both the a2 and LB assistant? If so do they move correctly in the a2 assistant? Do you have it wired correctly? Pictures would be great.
2014-12-27
Use props
Jimy
lvl.1

Australia

All channels are mapped correctly in Lightbridge. A2 channels mapped correctly for flight controls and IOC etc but I can't see how the gimbal can be mapped through both Lightbridge and A2? All channels are also showing correctly mapped in the Zenmuse gimbal assistant. Setup is LB DBus - X2 and LB gimbal port - GCU. The gimbal goes through the initialisation sequence on startup but then very slowly tilts downwards followed by a loud vibration sound once the camera comes to rest facing to the ground. Very frustrating!
2014-12-27
Use props
Jimy
lvl.1

Australia

I may have found the cause of the problem but don't know how to fix it. The channels are all correctly mapped through LB ground unit however as soon as I open assistant with LB air unit connected no channels are mapped and there are no active channels displayed (zero displayed next to each channel). When I move the sticks on my TX no channels move. How can I have active channels mapped through the ground unit but not the air unit?
2014-12-28
Use props
cyphersc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4374829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to jump in.  I have a similar set up, and my primary problem is I can't get the motors to start.  Any thoughts on this issue.  JImy, how did you resolve the motor problem?
2014-12-28
Use props
Jimy
lvl.1

Australia

cyphersc, my issue was that when I plugged into the A2 assistant it was calling for a compass calibration. Once I did the calibration the motors started. Good luck with the Zenmuse Z15-5D HD gimbal it is a nightmare to get working a few people are having this issue and DJI apparently aren't providing much support!
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules