Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what the hell is wrong...?
1977 14 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

today happened again.. flying with LB and battery 87 %, turned to come back, battery drop 55/42/34/28/22/20-19-18 crash... gopro hdmi + lenses gone, gimbal broken, hdmi - hdmi zenmuse gone.. this is the second time after upgrade.. WHAT THE F... im afraid even to go out.. ah forgot.. brand new battery, 1 cycle, not anymore charging.. why should i spend more money on DJI??? i feel like an idiot taking care about all, updating etc. and then this again? second time in 2 weeks, two different batteries..
2014-12-27
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

last pic from my gopro RIP  :@
ph2C.jpg
2014-12-27
Use props
momochi
lvl.3

United States

WOW. Sorry for your loss. I feel your angry. I would be too. Just one quick question. Was that a DJI battery or an aftermarket. Just curious since I have seen batteries on Ebay advertised as Phantom batteries but they are a lot cheaper.
2014-12-27
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

NONO ALL ORIGINAL...
2014-12-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain!

You didn't mention
where you were flying (geo)?
How high and how far when this all started?
Is your bird in Phantom or IOC mode?
If in IOC, did you make any attempts to take control?

And any other info which may be relevant.
2014-12-27
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I feel for ya, I always get the jitters when I am doing something BVR, but sometimes thats the only way to get the shots I want.  Its always in the back of my mind that something like that will happen.

There really is no answer since your using all genuine stuff,  I bet you calibrated the compass - the lot.  

Which Phantom2 was it - V2 or v3 ?
2014-12-27
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

hi sorry long absence but really pissed off with DJI.. even not one question or excuse since i mailed them..
ok, facts: flying in Bali, 30 mt high and @ the moment of massive battery loss 500 mt from home. flying in GPS mode, tried everything from IOC to manual, no reaction... i'm really lazy even to fix my phantom, btw P@, V2.., as I am very disappointed and tired to pay for DJI's mistakes.. i am sitting here with my Gold card and thinking if not better buying another Drone, maybe where the producer make the tests and not the consumer..:@
2015-1-14
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris, are your battery contacts dirty inside your Phantom? It's a good idea to clean them every 10 flights or so with DeoXit cleaner spray.

You should also clean the contacts on your batteries. But, in this case, that shouldn't be an issue since the battery is brand new.
2015-1-14
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

hi mike.. we clean all contacts after every flying session.. i fly RC since 40 years, i know the weak points.. but anycase its a good suggestion
2015-1-14
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

clean the two round pins in particular and the smart battery contacts as well. Did you switched off the wifi function found in the gopro menu? I guess you know everything about lipo batteries and its care like never store them fully loaded. Did you updated the FW of the P2? Do you have the round or the square contacts on your smart battery? Maybe this was a voltage drop because of high speed flying over a long period? How much weight your phantom has with the light bridge installed?

Which Phantom2 was it - V2 or v3 ?

There is no V3, the V2 is the latest P2 (non Vision)
2015-1-15
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

sorry your rite, V2 i meant the newer version on P2.. wifi of, no hi speed and never stored full.. i have both, older and newer but not yet checked what is what..
weight must be ok as i made 7,1 km flight with gopro+lb+gimbal h3d3 and all updated.. to be honest the crashes happened after the upgrade..
2015-1-15
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

chris Posted at 2015-1-15 19:58
sorry your rite, V2 i meant the newer version on P2.. wifi of, no hi speed and never stored full.. i ...

Sorry for the loss.
you mean the new brought battery drops from 55~18 in seconds?
does the drone motor shut off & no LED blinking when drop down?
Which email address did you contact, try support@dji.com and send the crash video
2015-1-15
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

Yes, in exact 300 mt flying back.. with lb + cinemizer was a nitemare to see the battery dropping like crazy.. motor lost energy and P2 didnt react anymore and yes LED's did blink, but it didn't matter... sending video, do you think it helps? :@
2015-1-15
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

not the new, but nearly as i bought my third Phantom in  july.. battery has even not 20 cycles.. but happened after upgrading all..

2015-1-15
Use props
chris
lvl.4

Indonesia

the new cannot load..
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules