Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The night of the the long Daggers
2577 18 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max
lvl.4

South Africa

Recently I've read some truly piercing attacks on DJI, most recently from the gentleman from Brazil
Not sure if its entirely justified....

Firstly

Did you note on what forum you placed this scathing attack?  A DJI created, maintained and for the large part, non-moderated forum for free thoughts, speech, questions  and suggestions.  A bit hypocritical to smack them on the only place provided... by them!?

Secondly

If we choose to buy a product, by implication we have done our homework and respect the product because we WANT to own it.
If DJI have some very unforeseen teething problems, they have a choice, launch a half baked, bug infested system and let the general public be Beta Testers (Microsoft, tip of the hat to you...:-)), or withhold their launch to offer a more mature product to the public who are forking out a small fortune, but BY CHOICE!
DJI sits with a time difference, language barrier, inferior quality product stigma, terrible human rights PR etc etc, and still... It's already called the Apple of Drones...  No small feat

My advice, Lets be a little more patient, and thank DJI for not dropping a bad product on us just for the sake of getting it out the door.
I too, sit in a 3rd world county, aparrently run by the most corrupt government in probably the entire history of mankind, and know the frustrations of maintaining a quality service to the international market, but I'll not slate a foreign product if I'm not clever enough to design and built it here, but rather just enjoy the final, polished product whenever they are ready to supply it..
2014-12-27
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Brilliant post and was unfortunately totally needed. It has become hard work to wade through the complainers (who whilst a minority, are incredibly vocal) to get to the discussions I want to be a part of.

Be rational about this - if you want delivery information, speak to live chat and if you purchased via a stockist, speak to them instead. As I have ordered from a Tier 1 stockist I have spoken to both live chat and my stockist - and the information I've received from DJI lines up with what my stockist is telling me - that as a pre-order in the Round 1 time frame I will get my Inspire 1 some time next week.
For those claiming DJI is silent on this subject - whilst it may be the case on this forum, the information is out there - you just have  to look for it.

The steady stream of information coming from forums like this (RC Groups has a superb ongoing thread):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280074, plus videos from various people, businesses and stockists from around the World on YouTube, surely that shows people that progress is being made towards getting these things in our hands?
I know waiting for something you really want and have possibly already paid for sucks, but we've known about the Inspire 1 since November 12th - that's 6 and a half weeks ago now, surely we can wait another 14 days?

2014-12-27
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2014-12-27 22:58
Brilliant post and was unfortunately totally needed. It has become hard work to wade through the com ...

What he said :-)

It's a bit sad that we all have to wait a smidge longer, but DAMN!, look at what we are waiting for!
The most advanced drone ever... IN OUR HANDS, merely a few years ago, total science fiction, and till recently, only tax dollars and military could afford such technology

so how about a big cup of "shut the whining" and thank you DJI
2014-12-27
Use props
ryan6

United States

Agreed on all points. I was waiting for someone to say it.
2014-12-27
Use props
cmontisano
Second Officer

United States

Thanks Max, I wish I had better writing skills like you but you couldn't have said it any better
2014-12-27
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

ryan6 Posted at 2014-12-28 01:03
Agreed on all points. I waiting for someone to say it.

Thank for the support Dean and Ryan, I can't believe people are so arrogant sometimes....

Its like being chosen for a space shuttle mission and then bitching with no end about bad weather delaying the launch by a few days... dudes, we are getting our hand on a 4K Drone soon, so far advanced its SCARY
2014-12-27
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Free Thoughts uuuum Kinda like freedom of speech.
2014-12-27
Use props
mariovelloso
lvl.3

Brazil

max@kingsley.co Posted at 2014-12-28 01:09
Thank for the support Dean and Ryan, I can't believe people are so arrogant sometimes....

Its lik ...

Lol, that's worst comparison I've ever seen!
I was not in invited, I've payed for it! And once more I don't care about the delay, I care about their silence!
And if I'd payed for a trip to the moon, and they delayed without explaining why, I'd be complaining the same way at NASA forums...
2014-12-27
Use props
metalios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with mariovelloso. It's not the delay that's the issue, it's the silence. I'm a big supporter of DJI and am grateful for their products and innovation. Let's face it, they have afforded all of us with GREAT products at very reasonable cost. They've made improvments to the Inspire 1 and app already. However, they owe it to their consumers to provide timely info. There is no excuse.

As far as daggers posted on this forum, disgruntled members have every right to complain even though I, and many others, don't agree with their position. This is DJI's forum and is exactly appropriate for DJI complaints. They have every opportunity to respond and comment appropriately.
2014-12-28
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.3

For what it's worth, I've not experienced any delay beyond the initial notice, nor have I experienced any lack of information from DJI.  They have been forthcoming with not only a solid reason for the delay, but have even given me a an estimated shipping time frame.  If they cannot meet their estimated shipping of "last week of December", I would expect an update by Tuesday.
2014-12-28
Use props
mattks
lvl.1

South Africa

Hey. Let them complain and cancel. Just speeds our preorders up. Fact is, the phantom shape has become synonymous when depicting a quad copter. So. Yeah. That is no small achievent in such a short time.

Max, you from South Africa by any chance?
2014-12-28
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

That obvious, Huh?
2014-12-28
Use props
mattks
lvl.1

South Africa

Me to. Don't worry. Only we understand the "humour" in most corrupt shower head goverment
2014-12-30
Use props
barry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233412 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Agree with you Max! Who did you order your Inspire One from in SA?
2014-12-30
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

barry@artistafr Posted at 2014-12-30 17:18
Agree with you Max! Who did you order your Inspire One from in SA?

I've asked/begged ORMS to get me one.. :-)
2015-1-1
Use props
barry
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

max@kingsley.co Posted at 2015-1-1 22:31
I've asked/begged ORMS to get me one.. :-)

I'm going through photo hire, apparently they are getting a batch in next week.
2015-1-5
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

barry@artistafr Posted at 2015-1-5 16:56
I'm going through photo hire, apparently they are getting a batch in next week.

Sweet!  I also asked Photohire to let me know the moment they have, I bought my Phantom from PH, and if they get before ORMS, so be it!  I just want to fly!
You it CT, Barry?
2015-1-5
Use props
barry
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

max@kingsley.co Posted at 2015-1-5 17:33
Sweet!  I also asked Photohire to let me know the moment they have, I bought my Phantom from PH, a ...

I am indeed in Cape Town. I have to get from PH as I have already paid a deposit. Cant wait to show off CT with the Inspire. Here is my first reel, it needs a great improvement and I'm hoping the inspire will be up for the challenge.
2015-1-5
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

Barry. pardon the French... UN BE F&@!king Leivable!
We so need to fly together
Mine should be here in a week (Spoke to ORMS today, number one i the que)
Contact me, we'll make a plan
max@kingsley.co.za

2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules