Macbook does not detect Osmo via USB
12143 5 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
domenicosigalas
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I got my OSMO yesterday and I am trying to connect it via the USB cable to download the files to my Macbook Pro.
Whatever I do, the OSMO does not get detected by the computer (I suppose it should be visible as a card reader right?).
I tried several cables with no results.
Before I assume that the microUSB is faulty and return the product, could you please let me know if there is another way to test if the USB is working correctly?

Thank you in advance
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

HI, the Osmo is compatible with MAC, have you turned on the Osmo? You need to turn on the Osmo so that the files can be read from the Osmo SD card.  Also, please change different USB cables and rule out the bad connection problem.
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 10:09
HI, the Osmo is compatible with MAC, have you turned on the Osmo? You need to turn on the Osmo so th ...

Another day I had the same story.  Rebooting mac resolved the issue
2015-12-15
Use props
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies guys,

Just for the history I had my Macbook connected with the OSMO and the OSMO turned on. I tried two different cables and didn't work. Then I tried a third one and it worked. It seems that OSMO is a bit picky about the cables you use so for anyone experiencing the same problem try several cables before you send your unit for replacement
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

la2a Posted at 2015-12-16 07:19
Thanks for the replies guys,

Just for the history I had my Macbook connected with the OSMO and the  ...

Great to hear that, the USB cable needs to be capable of data transmission.
2015-12-15
Use props
jamieharrington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

I understand you need to turn OSMO on to connect via USB.  However, how do you do that if the camera is active?  I'm just afraid of breaking it.  Thanks.
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules