Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is smart go home ?
17767 19 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ameya.walavalka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27345374 ft
India

hi !
what does the smart go home do when it s enabled and when its disabled ?
2015-12-14
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If enabled, when the battery become low (at H point in battery bar on the top of the screen), the bird will return home
2015-12-17
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Ken,

Does this mean that when smart go home is disabled stick control is disabled?
The reaction of hungdang is different then yours ;-)
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just asked one of the techs and with Smart RTH enabled, it will RTH on low battery. If turned off and the battery gets low it will not RTh but will land where it is when the battery gets too low. If Smart RTH on or off you will still have some stick control.
I will have to test it out for myself.it basically disables the Low Battery RTH
Low barttery RTH.jpg
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SHamers Posted at 2016-1-3 23:14
Hi Ken,

Does this mean that when smart go home is disabled stick control is disabled?

You have the same stick control either way.
2016-1-4
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok thanks (but then I don't know what the setting "smart return home" in the DJI app is setting - sorry)
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SHamers Posted at 2016-1-5 04:58
Ok thanks (but then I don't know what the setting "smart return home" in the DJI app is setting - so ...

Smart RTH is activated by the button on the controller or the icon in the app. The manual lists all the different RTH modes.
2016-1-5
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

But what is the setting "smart go home" in the advanced menu (DJI)  doing?

I think smart RTH is always working - separate of the "smart go home" setting.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SHamers Posted at 2016-1-6 07:28
But what is the setting "smart go home" in the advanced menu (DJI)  doing?

I think smart RTH is alw ...

Look at my previous post, Smart RTH basically enables/disables the low battery RTH.
With Smart RTH enabled, the aircraft knows roughly how much battery you need to come home and it will not let you fly further than the battery needed to come home.
With Smart RTH disabled, you can hover a mile away and you may look down and you only have a little battery left and not enough to get home so it will land and not come home.
2016-1-6
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

ok thanks Ken
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem, sometimes they make different features with similar names and it gets confusing after a while.
2016-1-7
Use props
Huey_930
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194957 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 18:32
Look at my previous post, Smart RTH basically enables/disables the low battery RTH.
With Smart RTH ...

I believe the correct explanation of the  smart home command is that it enables a safe auto return to home  based on calculated parameters of the remaining battery level and flight data.   The safe return to home point is depicted on the battery level status graphic with the H symbol.   When I view my display the H symbol is the demarcation between the "green"sufficient battery region and "y'ellow" low battery region.   Their relationship is variable based on  altitude and distance.

2016-1-14
Use props
Huey_930
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194957 ft
United States

hungdang Posted at 2015-12-17 14:47
If enabled, when the battery become low (at H point in battery bar on the top of the screen), the bi ...

I agree with your explanation.  
2016-1-14
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was just about to post a thread asking for this specific feature and now I see that it is already there!  So glad I searched first.
2016-5-8
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-8 19:24
I was just about to post a thread asking for this specific feature and now I see that it is already  ...

In the manual, Smart RTH is the button on the controller.  I think Ken's explanation is correct.  I've not tested it though...maybe I will soon, since it's important to be sure.  The manual needs re-wording if what Ken says is true.  Nothing new there then.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah it's the fact that it takes into account distance from "Home" when it asks if you want to RTH.  It's always been around 30% when it's asked me if I want it to RTH but I guess that's because I always fly fairly close to me (well within a mile).
2016-5-8
Use props
tandrey
lvl.1

Russia

My 1st Smart RTH triggered during waypoint mission in Litchi. P3S was 4,2 km away from home point, when this happened. BTW that was the furthest waypoint of the mission. In the internal flight data log at the moment of RTH activation i saw this record:

[Ctrl<11>] REQ_BATTERY NAVI_GO_HOME ctrl_navi_go_home

Remaining battery during that was about 50%.

The bad news is that cruising RTH speed is only 36 kmph while my mission speed was 50 kmph. So because of RTH activation, my bird came back with less battery than expected.

2016-5-14
Use props
vad7
lvl.3

Russia

What's happening if Phantom 4 is flying over the pool near me (less than 20m) with Smart RTH option activated and the battery gets low?
The drone goes diving?
2016-5-24
Use props
gnom
Captain
Flight distance : 716572 ft
United States

No, it will automatic come back to the homepoint and land safly, even without any interaction of you.
2016-12-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-4 12:33
You have the same stick control either way.

Ken I bought a new P4P, my second one. The ability to turn this off is no longer there why? It is very annoying...you have to cancel it every 10 seconds and I've had it come on with plenty of battery to get back..
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules