3 different Tablets not working with DJI Go
20193 22 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ah.newey.82
New

South Africa

Today I received my new Samsung Galaxy Tab E (Android version 4.4.4) and when I tried to install the DJI Go app from the Play Store, it was not found at all. So, I searched for it on Google and clicked on the link to the Play store. The message that I reveived was, "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

I have since tried the Galaxy Tab A... same result
Galaxy S2... same result.

So I cannot even load the app to try to connect to the drone.

This past weekend, I tried it with my Galaxy S6 and it worked.

Problem is that I specifically bought the Tab E to use with my Phantom 3 Pro... now what?

Any help would be appreciated.
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's happening is the processing power is not enough to run the DJI GO app. The devices listed below are compatible with the GO app. Other devices may work, but not fully.

iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2015-12-15
Use props
john
New

United States

Hi DJI ken. I have been using my Samsung galaxy tab s for my phantom 3 since july. I recently sent in my tablet for repair and now it says it's not compatible when I try to reinstall the app. What gives? The tablet isnt even a year old and is up to date.
2016-2-19
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

I recommend you guys look at the hardware comparison I've just posted here - http://forum.dji.com/thread-43127-1-1.html

There is NO reason the Galaxy Tab S2 should not run DJI Go - it is the successor tablet to the Tab S and has better processor and GPU - so processing power is not the issue whatever we are being told by DJI.
2016-2-20
Use props
dgarza001
lvl.1

United States

Works fine on my Tab S2 except that the attitude indicator shows the bird opposite of what it really is. So if I fly it straight away from me @ 12:00, it shows up at 6:00. Anyone have this issue   
2016-2-21
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dgarza001 Posted at 2016-2-22 03:31
Works fine on my Tab S2 except that the attitude indicator shows the bird opposite of what it really ...

Works fine (indoors) on the Galaxy S2 8" I bought this afternoon too (model SM-T710) - no longer get the blacked out screen switching between still photos and videos, or between Follow and FPV mode.

Will be doing airborne tests tomorrow to check the signal loss at 100-metres problem I had on the old tablet.
2016-2-23
Use props
vraghdash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66594 ft
Hungary

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-23 21:17
Works fine (indoors) on the Galaxy S2 8" I bought this afternoon too (model SM-T710) - no longer g ...

HI

any feedback, for this t710 after 2 months use? now I'm thinking to buy one
outside reflection, signal lost problem etc..
2016-5-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-15 09:18
What's happening is the processing power is not enough to run the DJI GO app. The devices listed bel ...

I can confirm that the Nvidia  shield 8 inch tablet also works fine.
2016-5-3
Use props
vraghdash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66594 ft
Hungary

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-3 13:30

my other tablet option is the Nvidia Shield K1, please say something for the reflection on sunny days, I read several forums that the IPS panel is reflected sunlight and do not see well, now i use LG Flex 2 and it is not so good these days
2016-5-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

vraghdash Posted at 2016-5-3 05:16
my other tablet option is the Nvidia Shield K1, please say something for the reflection on sunny d ...

When I use the tablet,  I have a sunshade I put over it.  But I usually use fpv goggles to fly,  so the sun is not a problem.  The Nvidia does not do that great in the sun,  but a little shade helps a lot.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-3 19:30

I can confirm that as well.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vraghdash Posted at 2016-5-3 20:16
my other tablet option is the Nvidia Shield K1, please say something for the reflection on sunny d ...

Any device you use is going to have lots of glare in the sun.
I bought something that was supposed to significantly reduce the glare. I saw a difference but not what i hoped for.
2016-5-3
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

vraghdash Posted at 2016-5-3 12:13
HI

any feedback, for this t710 after 2 months use? now I'm thinking to buy one

Yup, sorry for not getting back to you - it works perfectly.

One tip though - if you're using a sun shade on your mobile device holder, rotate the tablet so the power on/off button is at the bottom nearest the joysticks with the USB port on the left end, not the right end.  If you do not power up your aircraft quickly enough, the tablet goes into screen/battery saver mode with just DJI Go open after about 10-15 seconds.  That doesn't happen if the aircraft is on and you've connected to camera view in the app.
2016-5-3
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

I have a Sansumg Tab S and works propely ( almost )
The only problen is that it does not recognize the position of portrait and landscape, so my radar is always 90° wrong
2016-5-3
Use props
nilmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

I have the Samsung Note 5 and it works great.
2016-5-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-3 07:28
Any device you use is going to have lots of glare in the sun.
I bought something that was supposed ...

Believe it or not,  I just modified the box my Shield came in and use that as a sunshade.  It's the perfect size and works quite well.
2016-5-3
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

If the play store won't let you download the app there are plenty of ways to get it on your device. Just search for the APK or have someone send it to you and install. Done
2016-5-3
Use props
rob32trk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106978 ft
United States

For some reason the dji go app is no longer responding on my Samsung tab3. Why?
2016-9-15
Use props
aidan.mcdonnell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683720 ft
Canada

I have a Samsung Tab S2, and I have been able to fly with it. The problem is not processing power. It is rather the USB charging.

When connecting to the tablet, the battery icon on the S2 will start to flash a red 'X'. It will not accept the charge provided by the controller. It does the same thing with my Samsung "Fast charger". However, if the tablet is restarted while the controller is on, it will automatically launch the app prior to startup. The only time I run into problems is if the USB cable is bumped or unplugged, it will reject the USB again after plugging it back in.

I need to find a way to disable USB charging from the controller. This seems to be the issue. I have tried USB debugging, RNDIS (USB ethernet), and everthing is up to date. If anyone has a suggestion or solution that would be greatly appreciated.
2016-9-22
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

aidan.mcdonnell Posted at 2016-9-22 18:27
I have a Samsung Tab S2, and I have been able to fly with it. The problem is not processing power. I ...

your on the correct track with the usb charge etc.

have you looked at setting the Samsung usb mode for file transfer vs usb charge
in the Samsung itself
2016-9-22
Use props
aidan.mcdonnell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683720 ft
Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-9-22 18:48
your on the correct track with the usb charge etc.

have you looked at setting the Samsung usb mod ...

Yep, that would be the RNDIS. It is essentially USB data transfer without the charging, from my understanding. Sometimes it will switch back to MTP or will have no effect at all.
2016-9-22
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I thought i was lucky to avoid such issues because I'm using the Standard and connecting via WiFi, but my Samsung S7 seems to suffer from the same rebooting issue that USB connected devices do.

So I'm not so convinced it's a USB cable issue?
2016-10-4
Use props
peerinto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276808 ft
United States

Today i got from Sprint a Samsung Tablet E And when i downloaded the DJI o 4 app it opens but at the same time the message asking if you want to use this when a USB device is plugged it keeps blinking, and i can check the box. It stops when i unplug the controller.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules