1406 4 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone use the Epson Moverio with the Phantom 2? If so is it worthwhile? And setup?
2014-12-27
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

Very worth it. I use the Moverio glasses and love them. It's so nice to be able to skip the phone setup for FPV. Turn the glasses on, turn on the WiFi extender and the Phantom and you are done. The initial setup is just the downloading of the DJI App form the Moverio app store and installing it.
2015-3-18
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a review:
2015-3-19
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nice review
2015-6-25
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-19 04:34
Here's a review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2tHGIBLFkI

I have had my Moverio glasses for over a year now and still waiting for DJI and Epson to go further. When I purchased the glasses, both companies had high hopes of a partnership and in my conversations with the design team at Epson, I learned that the had some idea and they were working on the current issues: Ground Station, radar issues, etc...

Now, flash forward 1 year and still nothing. Nothing has changed since the glasses were released. It was a $699 purchase for something that is already outdated and no plans to continue in the future.

This review is good, but there are issues not mentioned here. The touch screen is less than functional most of the time and the FPV preview is very grainy - even at lower resolutions compared to what you have been seeing on your tablet or SmartPhone.

The Moverio glasses were a great idea, just never took off and was neglected by both Epson and DJI. Don't waste your money.
2015-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules