First for me
814 5 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Ive updated my bird 3 times with no issues.  Did the latest update today, gimble moved as normal at the beginning, lights flashed a bit, ONE D......DD and then the back lights just flash yellow, with no changes no noises for 20 minutes.  small camera light on the front....solid green.  Removed card, to check the .txt file, no .txt file.  Reformatted card, tried again.....nothing.
2015-12-15
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Disregard this.  Reformatted card and that fixed it.  Never had to do that before but that fixed the issue.  
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it going. Out of curiosity, did you do anything different the last time you reformatted?
2015-12-15
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

I never reformatted before.  Just loaded the .bin file on the card, put the card in the bird and fired it up and it upgraded.  Did it this time and it just sat still........so I reformatted the card and it worked.  
2015-12-21
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-12-21 22:11
I never reformatted before.  Just loaded the .bin file on the card, put the card in the bird and fir ...

Hi DrAce,
    Not sure that this is your situation, but when updating, it is best that the upgrade firmware BIN file be the only file on the SD card. If your SD card perhaps had the previous firmware on it, then the P3 won't know what to do. By reformatting, you deleted all of he previous files and your P3 then knew that the upgrade was it's goal...  Just one possible explanation. Glad it upgraded successfully -> safe flying!
2015-12-21
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Card was wiped clean before install and the only file on it was the .bin file for the new update.  That I did know lol.  
2015-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules