Controller update to 1.5.0030
1956 9 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

It appears from this forum that the controller is updated through the DJI Go app for the most recent firmware 1.5.0030 version.  I have updated the Phantom 3 Pro to this version with no problem.  As we all know, previously we updated the controller using the USB reader with the latest version.     While connected, I have confirmed in the app in the General Settings, About... that the Phantom 3 Pro is now updated to 1.5.0030 but the controller is still the 1.4 previous version. Can someone walk me through how to accoplish the controller update thru the DJI Go app.  What are the steps?  Thanks for anyone's help.
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you startup the app it should recognize that the radio needs to be updated and it should prompt you.
And the about page doesn't prompt you?
2015-12-15
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

It did state an update is required but didn't do anything further.  Wasn't sure what to select to start an update.
2015-12-15
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

Figured this out with response from another user.  In overall status, Aircraft State, is where the prompt for the RC download was located.  
2015-12-16
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

Ken, having a few issues now that the new firmware has been downloaded and the controller upgraded.  The Status "About" information indicates the P3P is upgraded to the 1.5.0030 version and the controller has been upgraded to the 1.5.7 version.  I have waited a while for everything to cool down and do a gimbal calibration.  This calibration will not start.  As always in RC settings, I tapped the Gimbal Param settings and selected Gimbal Auto Calibration, then OK to begin.  Nothing happens.  The status for the Gimbal says "Normal"; however, whenever I have tried to calibrate the gimbal in the past there have been no problems with it starting and completing.  While waiting for the gimbal calibration to begin, I received a popup notice on my iPad that said Tips   Authorize Slave Controller (null)?   It gave me the option to select Agree or Disagree.  Since I have never seen this popup before, I selected Disagree and it went away.  Can you tell me if this is something new and if so, what does it do?    After another cool down period today, I tried the IMU calibration and it would not start either.  Again another pop up for Tips  Authorize Slave Controller, etc.  (same as above)  Before and after downloading the new software to the P3P as well as the controller, I have charged the battery as well as the controller.  However, I noticed while trying to calibrate the gimbal, that my battery indicator on the top of the DJI go app indicated 0%.  When I clicked on the battery indicator in the app it indicated a critical low battery warning.  I don't recall ever seeing a 0% battery while attempting to run a gimbal or IMU calibration.  Do you have any suggestions and information please?
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

LarShreve Posted at 2015-12-17 06:49
Ken, having a few issues now that the new firmware has been downloaded and the controller upgraded.  ...

Hi ,
Please confirm your App version is the latest one .
Android : 2.4.3
IOS ; 2.4.2
2015-12-16
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

App version indicates 2.2.0.   Downloading version 2.4 now and will retry  the gimbal and IMU calibration in the morning.  Since I downloaded the new firmware to the P3P and controller on the previous app version do you think this makes a difference on the  copter and controller?   
2015-12-16
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.

To up date the rc firmware via dji-go app,you need an internet connection,wi-fi.
Connect your tablet or phone to a wi-fi network, connect to rc ,and tap the icon wich underline fw up date required,it automatically download the fw,it will require some time.
When finished the downloading it will ask you wheter you want install the fw.
Tap yes and the upgrading begin,it take some minute to get accomplished.
I read a well done post here on the forum wich explain in detail ho w to do it...take some time to research.
Ciao
2015-12-17
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

starfighters Posted at 2015-12-17 09:33
Hi.

To up date the rc firmware via dji-go app,you need an internet connection,wi-fi.

have a look here.
It's wel explained how to up date the RC,this is the way i did it...i mean by means of DJI-GO APP

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=29857
2015-12-17
Use props
LarShreve
lvl.1

United States

Appreciate the detail info on updating the controller thru Go App.  Great to have it spelled out.  After updating the Go app to the newest version (2.4.2) we didn't have any further problems in updating the copter and running the IMU calibration and gimbal calibration.  I'm making a note that before running any future firmware updates to check to be sure there's not a Go app update as well.  Have had the copter since July and have been through several firmware updates.  Seems like there's been a few tweaks to procedure each time.   P3P is now on 1.5.3 and RC is 1.5.7 versions.  Have plugged in each battery but since they didn't automatically run through an update, I assume there isn't the need this time.  

Again..  thanks for the info!  
2015-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules