Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji go keeps on crashing when opening it
5067 38 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teddyvin11.gmai
New

Philippines

I tried to update my dji osmos and dji go app yesterday then when i use it earlier it sunddenly crash.  then when i tried to open it again it always giving me an error and crash.i cannot use the app anymore so i tried to clear the cache then uninstall then install it again but nothing works.
app running in my android phone.

Hope you guiys can give an advice on this.

2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Teddy
Please try that with another device . Could you please tell me what device are you using ?
2015-12-16
Use props
teddyvin11.gmai
New

Philippines

right now i don't have other device to test it. and it zen phone 5 (asus_t00j)
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Teddy,
here re the devices that the GO app work with. Although other devices may work, they may not fully work or work anymore after a firmware upgrade because of the processing power needed to run the app.

iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-16
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I updated the DJI go app on my iPad mini4 ios 9.2 and it is not starting any more....HELP in 6h I am goining  on holiday....

By opening the app it shows the intro and then I select Phantom 3 Pro and start on Camera - after 3-4 sec the app crashed.

(i tried it with connectivity P3p and without result)
2015-12-18
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Problem "solved" at least I found a workaround.....
I deleted the DJI app from my ipad and installed it again. So no update but new install.

(all waypoint routes are gone and you have to install all settings again)

2015-12-18
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I test it with my iPhone 5s and that works. (But of course not completely the same test because the DJI Go app did never installed on that device)

May be it is also behavior of the mini4.

Now I installed DJI go app again on my min4 wifi/4G my flights or gone - is there a way to restore them from the cloud?
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

When you sync on a new device or reinstall of the GO app it will download all the flight data that you previously synced.
2015-12-18
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Okay I did but list stays empty.....may be I have to give some time
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

maybe you never synced from your old device?
2015-12-18
Use props
SHamers
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I pushed on the cloud symbol and choose "all"
2015-12-18
Use props
Paul Wilson
lvl.2

Malaysia

Patrick/Ken

I have had EXACTLY the same problem as SHamers - the new app 2.4.3 was automatically updated by my iPad and now the app just crashes once you launch it. I flew 2 days ago with version 2.4.2 and no problem. Intuitively, there is a problem with the app not the hardware as I am using the top spec iPad mini 3 with  P3P.
My first query is that you indicate above that the latest app version for iOS is 2.4.2 and android is version 2.4.3. Why then has my iPad uploaded a 2.4.3 iOS version ?
Secondly, Dji hasn't been able to provide an explanation of why we are having these issues or whether there is something wrong with the app - why is that ?
At the moment, I'm grounded because I'm not prepared to simply delete the app and reload until Dji provides some guidance. I guess SHamers had no choice as he was about to take his drone on holiday but not good when you can't rely on your software to work properly. Look forward to your advice.
2015-12-19
Use props
johannesvanwijk
New

Czechia

Same here on Iphone 5s. Since the update to 2.4.3 it doesn't load the camera view and crashes instead. Already tried the fresh install, same issue. Grounded as well
2015-12-19
Use props
ostberg71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291755 ft
Sweden

Have the same problem, Dji app crasches when I enter camera mode. Can not fly?.
2015-12-20
Use props
ostberg71
lvl.1
Sweden

Have the same issue, Dji app crasch when I enter camera mode????
2015-12-20
Use props
ostberg71
lvl.1
Sweden

Have the same issue, crashes when I enter Camera??
2015-12-20
Use props
henry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened to me.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it works now.
2015-12-20
Use props
Paul Wilson
lvl.2

Malaysia

DJI - why are we not seeing any input from you ? Clearly, there's a problem with the new version of the app and yet there's no offer of help or explanation from anyone at DJI which is pretty poor. So far, it seems that some people are prepared to simply delete and reinstall the app but that doesn't seem to have worked for Johannes. Can you at least provide some guidance so we can go flying again. Luckily, my Solo doesn't have the same issues.......
2015-12-20
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

Had the same problem with iPad air.  Synced before deleting but not getting the flight data back.  Very disappointing
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

If you delete the app, reboot the IOS device then reinstall the app from the app store you should be ok. There is a issue if you try to use Waypoints and DJI is getting it resolved.
2015-12-21
Use props
jose
lvl.1

Mexico

Same thing, app crashes when I try to fly my inspire, the same app works with out issues using my osmo
2015-12-22
Use props
daniel.gowland
lvl.1

Australia

Same Go App crash issue when entering Canera view. Using 5s iPhone with most recent update.
2015-12-22
Use props
truckerich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100814 ft
United States

daniel.gowland Posted at 2015-12-22 17:34
Same Go App crash issue when entering Canera view. Using 5s iPhone with most recent update.

I had similar issues so I formatted and reinstalled. Works like new now. I had the wrong driver installed for my camera so formating & reinstal fixed it and put the correct driver back.
The bios on the drone can also be formated and reinstall the bios. I don't think you have to go that far. Just format & renstle from your SD Card
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Are these shutting down of the app occurring even after you delete the app, power cycle the device, and reinstalling.
2015-12-22
Use props
rubenper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162785 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

I have the same problem, the app crashes after I enter the camera, I'm trying to get support online, but no way, it asks me all the time a certificate and even I choose a certificate, I can't get the support
2015-12-23
Use props
mr.aanet
lvl.1
Australia

so has been fixed yet as I'm having the same issue
Enter camera mode all is well till you take off and then it crashes the app
I've tried to clear the cache and untick cache locally when recording but it makes no difference at all

Is there a fix for it yet ?

Thanks Marty
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Deleted - wrong thread
2016-1-15
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 21:30
Are these shutting down of the app occurring even after you delete the app, power cycle the device,  ...

DJI-Ken,

I am also having the problem with the DJI GO Version 2.5.1 app crashing on my iPad Air 2, 128GB, iOS 9.2 iPad.  As you recommended, I deleted the app, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled the DJI GO app and I can confirm that this does NOT reliably correct the problem.  I repeated the delete app - reboot iPad - reinstall DJI GO app procedure three times with the same result. The app would crash shortly after trying to bring up my Flight Records, which were empty as a result of deleting the app and all its associated app data. The DJI GO app would crash while I was typing in my DJI Login name and password.  Finally, after multiple attempts to sync my Flight Records and having the app crash before I could finish entering my login, I was able to complete typing in my login and password and successfully synced my 163 Flight Records.  The DJI GO app then did not crash for 20 minutes while I was looking through my fight records.

However, as soon as I linked the iPad to my RC and turned on my P3, the app displayed the Phantom 3 Standard on the screen (I have a Phantom 3 Professional).  Trying to change the drop down menu to select "Phantom 3 Professional" would cause the app to freeze and then crash about 10 seconds later.  Note: I have not yet updated to the latest P3 firmware. But this shouldn't be necessary as we are allowed to use either the current firmware or the previous firmware - correct?

Please inform your software programmers there is a major bug in the latest DJI GO app and get this problem fixed as quickly as possible.

I'm not sure how this slipped through beta testing without being discovered.

Let me know if you need any additional information.
2016-1-15
Use props
Paul Cavanaugh
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 22:30
Are these shutting down of the app occurring even after you delete the app, power cycle the device,  ...

Yes, I have done this and the app still crashes.
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Australia

All together now: "DJI Go v2.5.1 is broken!".
2016-1-15
Use props
Paul Cavanaugh
lvl.1

United States

To someone from DJI. Is there something in the app that looks at the battery power of the device the app is loaded on? My app seems to crash when my iPhone 6 is below 50%. Once above that the app seems to work.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-1-15 22:59
DJI-Ken,

I am also having the problem with the DJI GO Version 2.5.1 app crashing on my iPad Air 2 ...

Got it,
I've informed management about the crashes.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Paul Cavanaugh Posted at 2016-1-15 23:21
To someone from DJI. Is there something in the app that looks at the battery power of the device the ...

I have let management know some users are having issues on 2.5.1
2016-1-15
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-16 00:47
Got it,
I've informed management about the crashes.

DJI-Ken,

Thanks. NEW INFO - updating my Phantom 3 Professional firmware from v1.5.0030 to the latest v1.6.0040 firmware appears to have eliminated the DJI GO app crashing and I can successfully enter camera mode, move the camera gimble up and down and change settings. However, I have not yet test flown the P3 yet to confirm trouble-free operation. Also, to get the DJI GO app to correctly identify my aircraft as a Phantom 3 Professional, I had to follow the connection procedures outlined in How to Connect instructions in the DJI GO app EXACTLY - that is, first power on the RC, then turn on P3 Pro battery, THEN connect the RC to my iPad and start the DJI GO app.  When the app started up it now showed that I was connected to the P3 Pro.  If I tried to connect the RC to the iPad before turning on the P3 Pro battery, the app would show I was connected to a P3 Standard and starting the camera would result in no live image.  After the first successful connection, I was able to connect the RC to the iPad and start the DJI GO app BEFORE turning on the P3 Pro battery and everything still worked just fine.

I hope this info helps.
2016-1-15
Use props
totaljimbo1
lvl.1

United States

I fixed mine just put your phone on airplane mode
2016-1-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Australia

Mysteriously 2.5.1 is now functioning and I am able to sync my flight records, both on my iPad and iPhone. Was something going on between the app and DJI server? I've just completed a quick 5 minute flight and the app has held up.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't believe in coincidence......
2016-1-15
Use props
mr.aanet
lvl.1
Australia

So today I uninstalled DJI Go and this time used the QR code to download the app after this everything started to work just fine until you hit the record button
I had also bought another app for the DJi P3 and now its working great DJI Ultimate Flight is the app , didnt work at first but after I changed the channels to Auto it now works and I'm happy to be flying

Cheers Marty
2016-1-16
Use props
Paul Cavanaugh
lvl.1

United States

This is late info, but everything was working fine the following day. My guess is it was something wrong on DJI's side and not the software.
2016-1-22
Use props
fanscfa9ee27
lvl.1
United States

I am having similar problems. DJI Go crashes on TOS splash screen. I can't even scroll down to read or accept. I have reinstalled. I have limited data in my locale. Frustrated and stuck. Android, Note4, Mavic Pro all latest updates at that time. jcross
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules