Calibration: 3 red flashes & one green = ?
31114 12 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

So, i have not yet had a succesful compass calibration. I have tried many times over three days. I can get a calibration on the first attempt by spinning the drone on it's access, but when i tilt it sideway and rotate it....this is where i do not get a green flash....at the moment i have tried it twice more today after watching a few videos and i continue to get one Green flash, then three red flashes. I am unsure of what this means since this series of flashes is not in my quick start guide.

Does anyone know what this means?  Also, should the gimbal power switch be pulled off during the calibration?  It would seem so since all the literature i read says to keep it away from electronics....i have tried calibration with both power to the gimball and power off. But i have yet to get a green after the second part of the calibration where i put the drone on it's nose and spin to my right or rotate the drone.

Thanks for any assitance
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Connect your Phantom to the computer and open your PT2) app. Click on TOOLS and do a basic calibration of your IMU.  Then click the advanced tab and do the IMU calibration.  When the screen pops up, its to hot, just click ok.
2014-12-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Two things come to mind reading the OP,
"by spinning the drone on it's access, but when i tilt it sideway and rotate it" This is not right, spin horizontally then vertically (nose down).
"Green flash, then three red flashes" This is normal for NAZA mode while it searches for 7 sats. Are you in NAZA Mode ?
2014-12-27
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

It's all in the manual, but here you go.

In NAZA GPS mode, one Green flash followed by 3 Reds indicates less than 5 Satellites.  One Green/2 Red = 5 Sats, One Green/One Red = 6 Sats, Green single flash each second or so = 7 or more Sats.

Calibrate compass:

Flick S1 up and down 6 times rapidily, and finish in up/GPS position.
Rear LEDs should be steady Amber.
Pickup the Phanotm with both hands and held out with the camera facing away from you.
Spin your body 360° CW or CCW until rear LEDs go from Amber to Green.
Roll the Phantom down so that the nose/camera is pointing at the ground, and landing gear skids toward you.
Spin your body 360° CW or CCW until the LEDs go from green to flashing green (or green with red(s) if less than 7 Sats per above).
If LEDs flash amber & red, repeat.

2014-12-27
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

Thank you for all of the input. I just did the basic and advanced IMU calibrations....I have not yet tried for a compass calibration...

Some answers to your questions:

1. Yes, i'm in Naza M mode
2. I'm looking at the manual: Phantom 2 User Manual v.1.2 and went over it about six times (but i don't see any reference to the blinking LED's as ljhellmich has indicated. Perhaps there is a different manual for Naza M mode--i will have a look for that next. I'd like to have all reading material at my fingertips.
3. I probably did not explain well my procedure for calibration, but i've tried it as indicated in the manual as well as various youtube videos.

**now, i'm going to try it all again.
Thanks again for everyone's assistance.
2014-12-27
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

Ok....indeed, there is a Separate manual if flying in Naza M mode and you get a FULL description of the LED error codes as indicated by the attached screen grab. Again, thanks for the info.
Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 4.36.00 PM.png
2014-12-27
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

bajaecotours Posted at 2014-12-28 07:16
Thank you for all of the input. I just did the basic and advanced IMU calibrations....I have not yet ...

Per the Phantom Manual v1.6 page 7 at the top of the page, NAZA-M flight settings are the same as NAZA-M V2.

Here is the NAZA- M V2 manual link from DJI website.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf
It includes the chart in the post above by bajaecotours, amongst other pertinent information.

2014-12-27
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

ljhellmich@yaho Posted at 2014-12-28 08:22
Per the Phantom Manual v1.6 page 7 at the top of the page, NAZA-M flight settings are the same as N ...

Do you have a link to the DJI site where one can download the Manual v1.6 ? FOUND---you refered to the phantom 2 vision and i have been looking at the Phantom 2....i never looked at that particular manual...but have now. Thank you.
I only see version 1.2 here:  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Seems the manual on the Phantom 2 site might be out of date if its only version 1.2....but it says it's updated as of Oct, 2014.

thanks again...
2014-12-28
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

1.2 is the latest for the Phantom 2.   The latest for the Phantom 2 Vision + is 1.6 which is the one I referred to.  Sorry I did not specifiy it as manual for the P2V+ in the earlier post.

Each particular model has it's own manual which includes the Phantom information, along with any corresponding gimbal and or camera information making up that model configuration.
To get dowloads from DJI, go here http://www.dji.com/ ,  then to "Products", and pick (click) the product you are interested in or want documentation for.   Then go to/click  "Downloads" to see what documentation is available for download.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerard Nijenbri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

I just changed the control of my Phantom 2 from 'Phantom' to 'NAZA-M' mode and wondered what "green flash, then three red flashes" meant. It didn't change when I was outside as well (which thus means that I didn't receive enough satellite signals).

Thank you @johnwarr and @ljhellmich for letting me know now. I thought it was some kind of error code which I couldn't find in the NAZA-M documentation, and so I've set everything back to Phantom operation :-) The Phantom 2 is doing fine again ;-)

And to be honest, I still can't find it in the NAZA-M V2 1.26 documentation, however am now convinced enough to set thing back to NAZA-M controls...
2014-12-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It takes a minute or so to lock on, depending on how open a space you are in.
As in the list above,
NAZA Mode LED's
Green + 3 Red = less than 5 sats
Green + 2 Red = 5 sats
Green + 1 Red = 6 sats
Green only = 7 or more and safe to take-off.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerard Nijenbri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 05:29
It takes a minute or so to lock on, depending on how open a space you are in.
As in the list above,

I waited for over 5 minutes, however was in between (at a max 50 meter distance) of two large block buildings (9 stories high). In Phantom mode later, I got green light after 2 or 3 minutes however...
2014-12-28
Use props
fansd11f6a8c
New

Nigeria

Can someone help with flying of my Naza M V2 drone. I can't get it off the ground.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules