Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-16
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

what did he do .. set up a studio in his garage / basement???      
2015-12-16
Use props
fatalPORKshank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

milbear Posted at 2015-12-16 20:28
what did he do .. set up a studio in his garage / basement???

Hundred bucks says that nice sports coat doesn't have a matching pair of pants under that desk...
2015-12-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

A non payment of a punitive $5 gets you a $27,000 fine for JUST NOT registering thats draconian.Whats non payment of a parking ticket get you hung drawn and quartered.They are desperate to get you registered.Even the house of lords over here would throw that one out
2015-12-16
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-17 03:16
They're desperate for money around here. Im sure you've heard, we're broke. Meanwhile Obamas vacati ...

Your law courts wont run with that surely
2015-12-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-17 03:14
Cha-ching. Braindead count  2

Who woke pork scratching up
2015-12-16
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sure the FAA's new registration plan is lame and halfbaked ... but it's a huge stretch to  suggest that asking for $5 every 3 years will make the USA a no-fly zone for drones.
It's not just a stretch - it's absolute garbage.
There's not a shred of truth in it.
There's no new rules or regulation - just a simple $5 charge every 3 years - that's it!!!
The lemmings are those that unquestioningly go along with this nonsense and repeat it.

And why is it so hard to understand the concept of a penalty being UP TO $27000
That doesn't mean the penalty IS $27000.
If you think the FAA is going to fine someone $27000 for flying their Christmas present $100 drone unregistered - you're more stupid than you think the FAA is.
Look around and you'll see that most legal penalties are like this with the upper limit defined.

Go out and fly and get back in touch with reality.
2015-12-17
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

I love this line: "Congress is letting Obama do anything he wants".  Now that's funny.

He's correct when he says that these bureaucracies are unelected, survive any president and are allowed to make their own laws and use the police and legal system to enforce the laws they make.  It's all very unconstitutional.

And can someone explain how registering deters anything?

But what is the alternative?  Isn't government bureaucracy simply a response to people doing 'bad' things?  Should any person be allowed to fly any UAV anywhere they want?
2015-12-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-17 23:44
Listen to me. Your opinion means nothing ,Aussy.

Yes ... I listened and made intelligent and relevant comment.
I didn't see any comment pertaining to the perfectly valid points I made - just a forum bully bellowing.
The forum is international and nothing about it is restricted to any one nationality.
Now ... back to the topic .......
2015-12-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Every ones opinion matters the forum has no borders
2015-12-17
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

This forum has finally really brought out the trolls.
2015-12-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-17 21:56
No,everyones opinion does not matter.

Then you need to create an all american forum or put up with opinions from afar.
2015-12-17
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

yep ......DON'T FEED THE TROLLS !!! it just might be the OP
2015-12-17
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

5$ is nothing for three years and the first payment, if done the first month, is refunded back to you.  So it's 0 for three years or, if you renew, 6 years for $5.  Not bad. The reason would probably be shared with you if you asked them but I'm assuming it's a fee simply to help offset the costs of maintaining the database.  I'd actually hope they would want more because it makes me wonder what kind of security they will have on that database server.   
Yes, I know it will eventually be public, but I'm talking about getting usernames, passwords, etc. that won't be made public.  Not just our public information.

And what is a shit weasel and is it best fried or baked?

2015-12-19
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-19
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-19 22:46
Good morning. Just waking up i see.#1: Its not about the money.#2 All registrants information will ...

Good morning yourself.  Almost there here...over an hour until then.

The data I mean is, I'm assuming, verifiable data to prove you are who you are such as log in information, credit card or other way of verifying the person registering is who he/she says he/she is, etc.  Maybe even our security questions if they use those.  

Not the public stuff, hell, I welcome someone showing up at my door.  I got some beers and 4k footage to watch.  Then he can rob me...just wouldn't be polite otherwise.
2015-12-19
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-19
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-19
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-20 15:36
I like how you edited your last comment.

That's sarcasm, right?  

But I edited it before yours appeared.  Don't take offense, it was a simple cross-post.
2015-12-19
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

im a big alex jones fan as well. i did however register my phantom today. since im a felon, i dont need to give the power tripping cops any reason to lock me up.

btw, i dont see the point of this. if i crash my phantom. i didnt have to put in the serial number or anything so if i crash it no way to say its mine. they didnt even ask what make or modal i have. or anything and, i currently dont have the numbers on my phantom (they blew off while i was flying it earlier. i had peice of paper taped on it ) but i got this stupid card in my wallet.
2015-12-21
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-21
Use props
info
Second Officer

United States

FAA Finally Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

The FAA finally confirmed this afternoon that model aircraft registrants’ names and home addresses will be public. In an email message, the FAA stated: “Until the drone registry system is modified, the FAA will not release names and address. When the drone registry system is modified to permit public searches of registration numbers, names and addresses will be revealed through those searches.”

Entire article here http://www.forbes.com/sites/john ... publicly-available/

2015-12-21
Use props
the great octom
lvl.1
United States

http://registry.faa.gov/CurrentReg

Just easily accessed this private info of who has what and where they live. Not a good thing in my opinion. What a joke. Im all for safety but...
2015-12-21
Use props
info
Second Officer

United States

this needs another trip to the top of the board....

See above two posts before you register your product.
2015-12-22
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

In Virginia I can and do have a gun without any need to register.....but a Drone....oh no.    And I'm forbidden to take a picture of a home and get paid for it without stepping though many hoops.

I'm not advocating for more gun regulations...to me this shows how much the unmanned aerial system control is out of proportion with what is important  

BW. Forest VA
2015-12-22
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-22
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States