11223 26 2015-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
I am currently locked in a battle with my supplier about several things, one of which is the fact that I purchased a dual controller Inspire but was infact supplied with a single controller Inspire, to which they added an additional controller.
The original kit  was supplied with a GL658B controller, which is the correct one for my version of the Inspire. The additional one which was added was a GL658A which is the previous controller version.
I am led to believe that the GL658B has an increase in transmission power over the GL658A. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are there any other differences internally?
An answer from anyone, especially DJI would be greatly appreaciated.
Many thanks
2015-12-17
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to know this as well. I did not know there was two models
2015-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The change from the A to B has ZERO difference in transmission range.
2015-12-17
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

I presently own an Inspire 1 V2.0 and the transmitter is identified as a GL 658C. There has been some talk that the latest version of controller has been tweaked some.

In as much as it's predecessor the 358B and 358A originally offered specs indicated transmitting power at 24dbm, the latest controller version 358C is reported to have a slightly higher transmitter rating of 29dbm, in effect (1 watt), which is in fact the maximum permitted by law.  
This increase has been interpreted by some as mearly something Dji may simply have taken advantage of.
Once again, if the comparison you are referring to is between controllers 658A & B, my understanding is there is no significant difference between the two.  

Hope this info. helps to some degree, but again is nothing more than a comparison of specs between the various controllers, and the information provided is nothing more than something which has circulated within the various Inspire forum boards.  
2015-12-17
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-17 14:13

How many models are there? And is there a difference an ANY of them performance wise?
2015-12-17
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-17 19:13

Hi Ken,Many thanks for your reply but with all due respect you are wrong. Below are the FCC authorisation certificates for both the GL658A controller (the first certificate) and the GL658B.
There is clearly a certified difference in the output wattage.
The bizzar thing is that the GL658A has an ouput of 0.37 watts, whereas its replacement the GL658B has an output of only 0.01483 watts. A lower wattage, that doesn't make sense???
I can post the full report rather than the certificate if anyone of a more technical background would like to delve deeper, but I would love to know why DJI replaced the controller with one of a lower wattage.

2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

That's the info that I had. To post a picture you go to advanced, then us ethe paperclip icon to post a photo.
2015-12-21
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-21 14:37
That's the info that I had. To post a picture you go to advanced, then us ethe paperclip icon to pos ...

Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 12.26.42.png
GL658A
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 12.29.21.png
GL658B

I dont really understand why the updated controller which superceeds the GL658A is a lower power. As I said if anyone would like to see the full report I can post a link to it but its very technical...no offence!
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I gave the info to a tech and they are looking into it and I'll let you know.
2015-12-21
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-21 17:13
I gave the info to a tech and they are looking into it and I'll let you know.

Thanks Ken.
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem, it may be not until tomorrow until I get a response from China, but I will post when I know.
2015-12-21
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

Get somebody that has a spectrum analyzer and check W/dBm power output from both radios to compare. Paper info has little value to me till checked.
On the other hand, the "newer" controller may have lower output power required by FCC and FAA to limit your Tx range.
The difference between radio models is very big (0.37 watts vs. 0.01483 watts), thus making radio B less powerful than a cell phone.
2015-12-22
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Dacon Productio Posted at 2015-12-22 19:19
Get somebody that has a spectrum analyzer and check W/dBm power output from both radios to compare.  ...

I think that these are a little bit more than "Paper info," they are the official FCC authorisation certificates which amongst other things, allow the remotes to be sold at all in the US. As I said previously, if anyone would like to see the full, very detailed and technical report on each contoller, I can post a link to them.

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 09.24.47.png
2015-12-23
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

We had this discussion already several times here: The A and B have only minor differences (though I think B is the worst version)  but the C has about 5dbm more output. For longer range you need the 658C  version.

Actually the GL658C has maximum allowed power output to fight upcoming competitors drones. Unfortunately DJI does ONLY improve things in favour of clients when competitors force to do so. Actually its impossible now for any competitor to make a legal drone with more range then a version 1510 Inspire with a 658C remote has.

However if you have an old 1410 Inspire with 658 A or B RC you may have probably only half the range...........feel free to buy a new one

2015-12-24
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

Machoman Posted at 2015-12-24 10:31
We had this discussion already several times here: The A and B have only minor differences (though I ...

Machoman...

I have a V2 inspire... No 1510 sticker but C controller... what does this mean? where am I standing?
2015-12-24
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
France

jamescole Posted at 2015-12-25 03:56
Machoman...

I have a V2 inspire... No 1510 sticker but C controller... what does this mean? where ...

Probably in the middle. However a V2 version 6101410 is not recognized by FCC and legally should not exist.

As you can easily proove this with the publicly available FCC documents I would suggest to return it to your dealer for exchange.

However you could - in a country where its allowed of course - also make a range test to see if it meets the DJI advertised 5km range. If not there is sure something wrong because no other V2 version has ever been announced and therefore should not exist.
2015-12-25
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-12-24 11:31
We had this discussion already several times here: The A and B have only minor differences (though I ...

I'm in the B boat with both of mine. Is there anyway to increase range other than getting brand new V2? Replace lightbridge or install wifi booster/antenna kit? TIA
2015-12-25
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-21 17:24
No problem, it may be not until tomorrow until I get a response from China, but I will post when I k ...

Hi Ken,
Can you chase up the answer from DJI.
Many thanks
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know all the versions get about the same range
2016-1-1
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 06:09
As far as I know all the versions get about the same range

But how can that be Ken, the FCC certified power output from the GL658A is approx. 25 times the power output of the GL658B according to the figures.
There is either a colossal error on the part of the FCC, which is highly unlikely, or there really is such a difference.
What do Dji Technical say on the subject? Are the FCC wrong?
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I don't know but will ask Monday, I've flown the  A, B and C and seem to get the same range.
2016-1-2
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 15:33
I don't know but will ask Monday, I've flown the  A, B and C and seem to get the same range.

Hi Ken,
Im still awaiting a reply.
Thanks.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Positveimage Posted at 2016-1-7 18:03
Hi Ken,
Im still awaiting a reply.
Thanks.

I was again told they all get the same range.
2016-1-7
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-26 07:13
Our pilot controller is a "B" (I figure the other one is, too).

I'm in a country where VLOS is an u ...

In addition to this, for us UK guys the whole things is moot.

1. (As you have pointed out) - Legal limit (without additional CAA exemptions) is 500m VLOS.
2. OFCOM legal limit for fixed antenna 2.4ghz spectrum device is 100mW/20dBm
2016-1-7
Use props
goDRN.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Afaik Model A is the better RC. Here are some differences I was told..

Model A = GPU, USB 2
Model B = No GPU, USB 3
2017-1-27
Use props
iceboxvideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1394659 ft
United Kingdom

I have a question to anyone in the UK submitting their ops manual and updating the technical information from Inspire 1 to Inspire 2, does anyone have any further information regarding the Cendence TX output power and the the motor power rates. Thanks  
2018-1-3
Use props
johnpeloqui
New

Pakistan

Hey there,

I completely understand your frustration with the situation you're facing. It's disappointing when you receive a product that doesn't match your expectations, especially when it comes to something as important as a controller for your Inspire.

Regarding the power output and differences between the GL658A and GL658B controllers, I'd recommend reaching out directly to DJI or checking their official documentation. They would be the most reliable source for accurate information on the technical specifications and capabilities of these controllers. It's possible that the GL658B indeed offers an increase in transmission power, but it's always best to verify this with the manufacturer.

As for the software side of things, have you considered trying out CapCut at https://www.capcutgeeks.com/? It's a fantastic video editing app that can help you create and edit content with ease. It might be a great addition to your toolkit, especially if you're dealing with visuals related to your Inspire. Give it a shot and see how it enhances your creative process!

I hope you're able to get a satisfactory resolution with your supplier and get the correct controller for your Inspire. Hang in there, and hopefully, you'll be back to capturing stunning footage in no time!
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules