1781 10 2015-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan Gordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2186250 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both of the suitcases that come with the DJI Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro (same suitcase) are completely a joke and only last about a week.   As gentle as you may be unzipping them, the teeth break off rendering the entire case useless and making the zipper fall off its track.

I Purchaed my Inspire 1 Pro from B&H Photo - and they are currently out of stock on the standard DJI suitcase, however they were willing to credit me $200 for the suitcase and get something else.   

What do you guys use instead?  Any recommendations?

2015-12-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

google the go professional case for the Inspire....... if you're going to by a 3k bird.... you might as well by a proper case. I love mine

http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-inspire-1-c.html

you can get one from amazon from 350-400
2015-12-18
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

I've been looking as well and settled on a Pelican Protector 1660 when my DJI case fails completely.  You're correct- the zippers are a joke, even after "waxing" them.
On Amazon for around $275.00
2015-12-18
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I have my original cases for almost one year and never had a problem with it.
The foam inside could be a of a little better quality and rigidity at the canopy area could be better, but besides that, it's pretty ok.
That been said, I did purchase a HPRC travel mode case. These are unbeatable for the amount of gear you can carry.,
2015-12-18
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found this place a caled Mycasebuilder.com a logn time ago and they have a VERY cool online 3D modeling tool to design your own foam that is laser cut. They even have templates for popular birds (Inspire 1, Phantom 3, et cetera) to get you started. From there you can add any size slot you want. VERY cool.

Houston
2015-12-18
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.3

United States

houston Posted at 2015-12-18 23:52
I found this place a caled Mycasebuilder.com a logn time ago and they have a VERY cool online 3D mod ...

houston
May I ask how reasonable are they for the laser cut foam?  When you add the foam + stock case is there any savings compared to purchasing a GPC, Tradecraft, etc Inspire case?
2015-12-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to give B&H credit. They are very accommodating. They are my first stop and have been for over 40 years.
2015-12-19
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a pelican case and I really liked it. Most users seem pretty happy with them.
I also simply use the DJI case with no problems.
2015-12-19
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-20 04:59
I saw a pelican case and I really liked it. Most users seem pretty happy with them.
I also simply u ...

Pelican are very robust and used by the military so tried and tested in harsh environments.  Also life time warranty.

That sort of says it all.  I have one Peli case for my Phantom and wouldn't hesitate to use for long haul flights checking in to holds.  Very good quality.  I will get one for the Inspire eventually.

2015-12-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the go proffesional case for inspire 1 pro x5 and its a very nice case but its HEAVY!!!!!
2015-12-20
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

I just ordered one of these  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... d_aui_detailpages00  Don't know how good it is.... but for $199, I couldn't pass it up.  I've wanted a landing mode case for a while.  It'll shorten setup time by a lot, since I won't have to remove the gimble.  Install props and battery, and fly.
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules