Help with finding FPV and Gimbal for Gopro4 on Phantom2
1193 4 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranaylo2
New

United States

Hey guys I just got my first Phantom2 and absolutely love it. I've flown it a few times and pretty amazed at how easy it is to fly. I still havent mounted my GoPro4 Silver because im waiting to find answers on what FPV and Gimbal. I've searched the internet so many ways but cant find anything. Some people are saying you cant use FPV on the GoPro4???? I see complete bundles on the web with FPV and Gimbal so i know its capable I just dont know what to buy.
Im sitting on go to purchase this stuff but im absolutely stumped on what to buy. I understand there are some issues with the H3-3D and the gopro4 but I understand and think i can make it work.

So what FPV do I need to get to make my P2 and a H3-3D Gimbal work together?? Im pretty good with technology but im new to this so please be specific lol! (TX, transmitter, etc, etc,.. is making it complicated for me). Can someone just show me a complete "kit" i can buy so i can get this thing going? Thanks in advance.
2014-12-27
Use props
almiller1963
lvl.1

United States

My wife got me the Phantom 2 - H3 3d Gimble, Hero 4 silver and the TS832 transmitter.  The only part I had trouble getting docs on was the wiring for the transmitter.  

I am brand new to drones but would be happy to tell you what wires I soldered together if you want.

She purchased it all from dronefly.com and she said they have awesome support and explained everything to her.  The only reason I had to hunt on the wiring is that they were closed until 1/1 and I am a big 52 year old kid.
2014-12-27
Use props
ranaylo2
New

United States

Haha yes I understand on the big kid part! However, I would rather not solder if I can buy a kit which would require none. Not bashing anyone's kit who does, I just don't feel comfortable doing so myself. Any other kits that are just plug and play? Any help is appreciated as Im completely new to this. Thanks
2014-12-27
Use props
ranaylo2
New

United States

Alright guys just confirm this for me before I buy all of this. I have this list of everything I think I need to make this work with P2 and Gopro4 silver.

-Blackpearl Monitor
-Immerson 600mW Transmitter
-DJI iOSD Mini for Real Time Flight Info
-Plug and Play Cable
-Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal

All of this will plug right up (with help from youtube), correct???

I saw something about you need a FPV hub, but the Plug and Play should hook all of this right up to my P2, correct???

Sorry for being so dumb about this, just trying to learn all of this step by step without MANY mistakes lol.
2014-12-27
Use props
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

ranaylo2 Posted at 2014-12-28 14:36
Alright guys just confirm this for me before I buy all of this. I have this list of everything I thi ...

You will need good antennas for your monitor and receiver for FPV flying. I have all my FPV gear, including the Go Pro 4 silver edition. I just need to get it set up but might wait till next month when DJI might come out with new gimbal or update for the 3D gimbal since the gimbal was only made for the Go Pro 4. but don't let me stop you from using your 3D gimbal they are alot of people using the Go Pro Silver edition on that platform. . I recommend these antennas got them at gotfpv.com: IBCrazy 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set and IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical. Good luck.
2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules