Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Firmware Problems.....
1937 24 2015-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

I finally got my P3A yesterday and attempted all the updating.  My bird is connected to the DJI app but it's labeled as a P3P and displays a pic of a P3P with the words aircraft conected uder it.  When I hit the camera button then I get a dark screen with all the icons around the screen such as auto take off, battey life, etc...  The top section says NO SIGNAL.  If I click on the NO SIGNAL button thenI get the aircraft state page.  Overall status is listed as upgrade required.    Clicking that gives you an "aircraft requires upgrade" text.

When I go to the academy page I have the flight simulator link and right above it it says P3P even though I have the P3A.  I can click the drop down box and selct P3A from here and I hit save.  I then enter flight simulator  and it looks like it wants to fly but as soon as I try to take off I get a warning message telling me to activate aircraft.  It happens wether I try the P3A or P3P flight simulators.

My app is 2.4.3
My aircraft is 1.4.10
My RC is 1.5.70

I'm using an iphone 6S+.

I've tried to update the firware via micro SD cards.  I formatted the card and then unzipped the bin file for Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030.  I didn't go through the support link, I went to the product page for the P3A.  For what it's worth, the file name for this is P3S*****  which I find weird.  It's almost as if I'm downloading the P3 standard firmware.

I then eject the SD card from my computer and put it in my P3A and fire it up.  I never get those beeping sounds.  I know what they sound like because I got them last night and I assume that's when I was updating the RC.  I've tried multiple SD cards and multiple phone cables.  I've deleted the DJI app from my phone and reinstalled it.  I also never get the "trust the computer" message on my phone but I do get the ding sound on my phone when I turn the RC unit on.  That ding sound is the sound the phone makes when you plug it into a power source.

If I turn my RC unit off then the front lights on the P3A are solid red and the back lights blink yellow quickly.  As soon as I turn my RC on then the front lights remain steady red and the rear lights blink green slowly.

Am I missing something here?

Nothing seems to work.

2015-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A few things:

The similator will not work unless the RC unit is connected to the aircraft and the aircraft is powered up, this is normal.

You have most probably downloaded the file for the P3 Pro, go here to get the correct file for the P3 Advanced: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

Try updating using this file.

When you fire up the Go App, try swiping the picture of the P3P to the left or right (can't remember which), it should allow you to select a P3 Advanced, then proceed from there.

2015-12-20
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-20 20:34
You have most probably downloaded the file for the P3 Pro, go here to get the correct file for the P ...

Thanks but it won't swipe.
2015-12-20
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

I believe I have the correct firmware because I read posts about there being problems with the links.
2015-12-20
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi LIcampe,
   For your P3A upgrade, you should power everything off. Put the sdcard into the camera slot and only power up the aircraft. No RC or GO App.... It's also recommended that you format your sdcard using the P3. Cards 32GB or greater should be ExFat, cards 16GB or smaller Fat16 if you use your computer....

With the simulator, the P3 should have it's props removed. Power up the RC, then the P3, and finally the GO App. The P3 is needed for simulator telemetry.

2015-12-20
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Unless your fingers are really, really fat....

I touched my selection on the screen and it "opened up" and that allowed me to select the proper model of Phantom.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-20
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

OK, so I start my RC without having my phone connected.  I then start the P3A.  I can then use the app and choose between the 3 different phantoms with no problem so I obviously select the P3A.  As soon as I plug my phone into the RC then the picture automatically goes to the P3P and it says aircraft connected.

When I click on camera then I get the blank screen but I have the auto take off, satellite count, battery life and all that other good stuff on the screen.  When I hit the menu button and click the video icon then I have options for 4K which obviously aren't correct consdiering I have the P3A.  I have tried to format multiple SD cards via the app but I keep getting "SD card format timeout" messages......
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

longislandcampe Posted at 2015-12-21 10:27
OK, so I start my RC without having my phone connected.  I then start the P3A.  I can then use the a ...

Hi ,
Could you post a screenshot or a video about the problems you described ? Could you post the upgrade log ? Or you can contact our US support center directly .
North America Support.jpg
2015-12-20
Use props
mboehm
lvl.1

Barbados

Still have problems to update my P3P firmware  v1.5.0030
I copied the extracted .bin single file from my computer to a new bought empty sd card Class 10 H-I 16GB.
I inserted the SD card in the drohne gimbal slot and switched on the battery.
After initialisation the 2 front red leds are permanantly on. The two back leds are blinking green/red .
The tone is DD__DD (it should be: DDDD__DDDD__)
The little led in the gimbal housing is not blinking red/green
The RC and iphone App was off.
This process run for 1hour 30 minutes...nothing happened :@
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mboehm Posted at 2015-12-22 09:03
I copied the extracted .bin single file fro ...

Do you remember the bin file name ? Please make sure you've downloaded the right firmware : http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
And confirm your RC firmware version is 1.3.2 or later .
2015-12-21
Use props
mboehm
lvl.1

Barbados

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-22 00:31
Do you remember the bin file name ? Please make sure you've downloaded the right firmware : http:/ ...

Bin Filename is: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Download was from correct site.
RC firmware is: 1.5.70
What should i do...appreciate your comment...thank you
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mboehm Posted at 2015-12-22 18:53
Bin Filename is: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Download was from correct site.
RC firmware is: 1.5.70

If the update still fails , please post the upgrade log here . Thank you !
2015-12-22
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

mboehm Posted at 2015-12-21 20:03
I copied the extracted .bin single file fro ...

I'm sorry for your troubles but could you please post in your own thread?  

As for my issue, it's still not working.  I sent an email to DJI and linked this thread so taht I didn't have to type everything again.  I'm at a loss.....
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

longislandcampe Posted at 2015-12-23 06:36
I'm sorry for your troubles but could you please post in your own thread?  

As for my issue, it's ...

Since 1.6 was announced today, try to update with that from the P3 Advanced page.
The latest BIN file for the Advanced is P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Let us know what happens.
Here is a great link that goes through it step by step and with videos. And for the other person having updating issues, follow the thread below as well.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37122-1-1.html
2015-12-22
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 17:48
Since 1.6 was announced today, try to update with that from the P3 Advanced page.
The latest BIN fi ...

Thanks, I saw that but can't try it till tonight.  Just about to head to work so I'll try it in about 5 or 6 hours and report back.  Wish me luck!
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm doing mine tonight as well.
2015-12-22
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 22:08
I'm doing mine tonight as well.

Mine still does not work.  I formatted my card on my computer because the app never has allowed me to do it.  I get a timeout message when I try to format with the app.  I've attempted it numerous times with 3 different cards.

I have no problems formatting with my computer and I have no problems extracting the proper bin file to the correct location on the card.  I then eject the card before removing it from the computer.

My controller is off and my P3A is off and I insert the card into the P3A and then power it up.  It does it's little beeps, the cameras moves around and the lights come on but I never get that updating sound that you're supposed to hear.  I know exactly what the sound is because I heard my controller do it when I updated it's firmware.  

This is so frustrating!
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

longislandcampe Posted at 2015-12-22 23:50
Mine still does not work.  I formatted my card on my computer because the app never has allowed me ...

did you try to format the card insert the new software update and leave the quad updating like 15 minutes

something like that happen to me today . i just did what i told you and it works . my phantom is back
2015-12-22
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-23 00:57
did you try to format the card insert the new software update and leave the quad updating like 15  ...

Yes, the card has been in there for almost 30 minutes.  Still no sound.  I've never received the "trust this computer" option on my phone.  My app displays the image for the P3P and when I hit camera then I get settings for the P3P because it gives me the 4K option.  I only have the P3A.
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

longislandcampe Posted at 2015-12-23 00:14
Yes, the card has been in there for almost 30 minutes.  Still no sound.  I've never received the " ...

it happen when you download the wrong software
i think thad you download the software for the pro and not for the advance did you try to re download the software and try to install it again here

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2015-12-23
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-23 12:18
it happen when you download the wrong software
i think thad you download the software for the pro ...

I just doesn't work.  I just tried your link too after formatting the card in my computer since my phantom won't allow me to format from there.

This really sucks.  It's supposed to be almost 70 here for Christmas when the usual temp is like 35-40 so I wanted to bust the drone out for it.
2015-12-23
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

dumb question and I am assuming you are using windows.

when you download the file from dji are you EXTRACTING the bin file from the zip package downloaded.

Once the files are extracted then only the .bin file need be on the sd card root directory.

maybe you have the zip file in the root vs the actual bin file

never mind I see you are past that.....

good luck,  on the p2 vision plus there was a reset process on naza but the p3 I haven't seen that
2015-12-23
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.1

United States

OK so get this.  I know I had problems when ordering my P3A.  I had to do it multiple times until it finally went through.   So today I just received a SECOND P3A!  lol  I guess in all the confusion something slipped through and I completed two transactions.  Yes, I got charged for two.

I charged everything up and then went to set everything up on the new bird.  I immediately encountered the activation screen which I NEVER got with my first bird.  Everything is working like a charm with the new bird.  I took her up, snapped some pics and video and landed a few times.  Everything was a piece of cake!  

Sooooo, there must be something wrong with my first bird.
2015-12-24
Use props
mboehm
lvl.1

Barbados

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-22 07:32
If the update still fails , please post the upgrade log here . Thank you !

thank you... i tried to get a log file but was not able so. After connecting the micro USB cable from my Mac to the card reader / (@gimbal) i got no connection. It seems that i can't read the inserted memory card at all. Maybe the reader is defect. This could be also the reason why i cant't install the firmware.
I checked my Mac at a friend's P3P and got a connection with my cable to his reader.
What do you think what can be done to check if the cardreader of my P3P is working correct?
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mboehm Posted at 2015-12-25 19:31
thank you... i tried to get a log file but was not able so. After connecting the micro USB cable f ...

Maybe you can try with another SD card . If your Mac can't read other SDcard too , it could be the problem of the USB port on the gimbal .
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules