Multiangle Concert Shot with DJI Osmo's
1998 8 2015-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProtyreusHD
New

Switzerland

Please find enclosed a multiangle concert clip filmed mainly with 2 DJI Osmo’s on small tripods, located on the stage.

The Osmos were connected to 2 Wireless Dualband Repeaters, enabling me to remote-control the cameras on stage even in large venues while being physically located at the main mixing board with the main cam and sound recording device.

Networks were hidden and broadcasted on 5.8Ghz to avoid interference with the 2.4 Ghz wireless audio equipment plus mobile phones from the visitors.
Overall, video signal from the Osmos was OK, with occasional loss of image, however cameras remained controllable throughout the concert.
The sleep mode is a neat feature to turn them on before to show and not to drain too much of battery life upfront.

I’ve choosen the Osmos due to weight, size plus full motion and camera settings control features in one app. Overall, I am quite pleased with the experience, for sure there are better low light cameras, but to have a 3 axis stabilized multiangle system in your hand luggage becomes somewhat priceless when flying to a different city every day.
Battery life could be better for sure, for a support act / 40 minute concert it was just right, but for longer shows the system would need at least one battery change in between.

Recorded in 1080/24p
Third cam used was a Sony DSC-RX10 MII
Sound recorded with ZOOM H6, one stereo feed directly from the main mixing board and one stereo feed with the ambience and audience.

2015-12-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks brilliant . Very well shot and edited.
2015-12-21
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

which the band name?
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice concert, Thanks for sharing.
2015-12-21
Use props
ProtyreusHD
New

Switzerland

the band's name is Kartagon - a Dark Electro band from Switzerland
2015-12-22
Use props
ProtyreusHD
New

Switzerland

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-21 23:43
That looks brilliant . Very well shot and edited.

thanks a lot, appreciate !
2015-12-22
Use props
ProtyreusHD
New

Switzerland

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-22 03:21
Nice concert, Thanks for sharing.

thanks a lot !
2015-12-22
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Awesome! Which repeater did you use?
2016-4-20
Use props
ronnyg1dc
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

You had three cameras; one left, one right and one center. How did you get the shot from back of the stage looking out on the audience? Please show your set up( fotos or video). I would love this type of control
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules