1537 10 2015-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is best to not pay attention to the advice given here on the boards by the moderators. When Apple went to version nine my FPV began freezing and blocking. A moderator told me the problem could be my Ipad mini 2 had too slow of a cpu and he had updated to a mini 4 and had no problems at all... So I went out and bought a mini 4 and with version 1.4.0010 RC and Aircraft my aircraft flew flawlessly.

Then came the 1.5.0030 for the RC and the aircraft. I updated with success and a cold IMU and a compass calibration. Now my bird cannot be safely flown. I get warnings glore and the bird is unstable and full of vibration.

So I opened a problem report and 1 1/2 weeks later I got no response so I finally called support.... below is my response.

One..... mini 4 not supported... I told him it was reccomended by a DJI moderator but he said sorry.
Two... He said some Phantom 3 Professionals...not all... became unflyable when using Apple ver 9 and they do not have an answer and cannot say when in the future they will.
Three... The only solution he offered was to go out and buy an Android device.

Four... no refund

Five... Sorry  there is nothing we can do at this time... get an android or do not fly because it will not be covered if it crashes..

Great...I am pissed
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

I'm so sorry about that , Davis .  Apologize to have brought you bad experience ! We've noticed the vibration issue and our R&D is working on this .  Please calm down .
2015-12-22
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-22 04:46
I'm so sorry about that , Davis .  Apologize to have brought you bad experience ! We've noticed the  ...

Spending over $400 on the recommendation of DJI only to be told the device is not supported... then... I do not see anything in the advertisement  for Phantoms that says the approved devices  Iphones and pads may not work with your drone... then told to buy another $300 device if you want things to work is something I cannot be calm about.
They should take the Iphone 6 and Ipads off the approved list if they cannot get them to work properly with their devices... to me it is fraud to continue to advertise in this manner.

Butch
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having issues, your mini2 and 4 should be perfectly fine on 9.2. What are the warning messages you are getting. Also, do you have hardware decode enabled?
My iPad Air has IOS 9.2 and works great on my P3 Pro and Inspire.
I know some were having issues with after updating to 1.5 they had some vibrations while the rotors were spinning while on the ground but as soon as they hovered they went away.
Since you have vibrations, you can downgrade to 1.4. BUT if you upgrade to 1.6 that was announced today, then you cannot go down to 1.4, you can only go down to 1.5.
They are working on a solution for the vibration that a few are having with the first versions of the Phantom 3's with the older motors and ESC's.
2015-12-22
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Daviskw2004 ---I am using iPad Mini 4 with more than 200 flight with my P3A and have no problem at all. Maybe your iPad set up is not good ? Do you have the iPad Mini 4 Wi-fi and Cellular version ? How much memory space do you have available ?
2015-12-22
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

GQ. Posted at 2015-12-22 20:57
Daviskw2004 ---I am using iPad Mini 4 with more than 200 flight with my P3A and have no problem at a ...

myself got ipad mini 2 16gb wifi, got it on ios 8.4 jailbreaked. I never update, dont want to lose my jailbreak on my devices, ipad big and mini and iphone 4 and iphone 6, I always wonder why people always update when a new update is available? If the product running like it should then its sometimes useless to update, something will get better but other things will get bad instead.  

As for phantom 3, one time i was going to take a flight outside one day and i had connect my ipad mini 2 to the wifi on the iphone 6, so i was force to make a update on the drone and controller before i even could take off.... that was bad... i want to choice if i want to update or not, not be forced to do so even if its for good or bad.
2015-12-22
Use props
nigelwilkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-22 10:46
I'm so sorry about that , Davis .  Apologize to have brought you bad experience ! We've noticed the  ...

Perhaps you should start a thread to keep people up to date with this, then people might accept there's a problem & it's being worked on.  Not everyone reads every new topic.  People understand there are sometimes problems & are usually much happier when they're acknowledged, rather than being kept in the dark & fed b........
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

did you try to downgrade the firmware ?  i heard that some people are having this issue with the new firmware
and they fix it doing a downgrade and then upgrade the firmware again
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

daviskw2004,
Have you resolved everything, if not let me know and I can assist you.
2015-12-29
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

I am using a iPad mini 4 on 9.2 with zero issue at all and I am on the latest firmware for the drone (P3P) nd all batteries.
2015-12-29
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I couple of tips that might help you.
If you use the Standard Phantom 3 that does a WiFi connection to the remote, disconnect from any other existing WiFi connections (ex. home, etc) by going to settings->Wi-Fi and then choosing the (i) on the existing connected WiFi connections (besides your DJI)and choose forget.  
    iOS likes to find and auto connect to any known WiFi you have.
Close out any other iOS apps running by double tapping the home bottom and sliding up to close the apps.  iOS loves to keep those always running in the background and can cause the DJI go to act very sluggish and slow.
Now I have tested with an iPad 2,4, and air with no issue, plus I use an iPhone 6s and still works fine.

Try those little tricks and let me know if you still have an issue.
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules