Does anyone have ANY idea what battery fixes are in the latest firmware
1151 4 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

I saw some posts that DJI published a new firmware [Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040]. There was no doc file inside the zip containing any information that was fixed.

This is vauge to say the least
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjuisted based on battery temerature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertcal speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection. -> What is the purpose of this? It seems like the device is being slowed down to avoid pulling voltage and having it turn off. Why would there not be other programming methods for frequency and stabalization.

2. Optimized battery managment -> This is self explainatory.

Can someone from DJI care to speak more towards and offer some transparency around the technical details for bullet item 1 on the fixes that were made?

2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are the changes.

1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature
and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery
protection.
2. Optimized battery management.
2015-12-22
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Wow, awesome reply. Not even any attempt to answer my questions other than to post the obvious. smh

I see there are several people concerned that The No Fly Zone are more in effect with this firmware, but this was left out of the release notes. Anyone care to comment on this item?
2015-12-22
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sifu128 Posted at 2015-12-22 20:22
Wow, awesome reply. Not even any attempt to answer my questions other than to post the obvious. smh  ...

The battery update does exactly what the release notes say, optimize the battery management, especially in cold weather.. With reports of P3's having strange battery/power related issues, I would think the firmware release possibly fixes some issues that caused this..

As for the NFZ, I think it fixes some overzealous NFZ's that some were having.. This is just my opinion though - Its definitely not enforcing anything more than it always did.
2015-12-22
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Thanks sploodge
2015-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules