I need help with DJI support
1768 17 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I had a flyaway during beta testing of 1.5 firmware: http://forum.dji.com/thread-36975-1-1.html

My quad was fine on 1.4, upgrade to 1.5 and vibration and toilet bowl effect was immediately noticed.  I was in the middle of trying to test whether vibration and/or the toilet bowl effect went away on 1.4 when the quad took off by itself.  That was 12/11 and DJI reached out to me via email later that same day asking for some extra details in their survey.  I submitted that on 12/12 and had not heard back until 10 days later (12/22) and this is what they sent:

"Thank you for your patience.
We have reviewed your survey, and based on the incident you experienced, we want to provide further assistance.
First, we want to remind you that the remote connection our Phantoms use can be interfered with by outside sources as per FCC law. Flying near any large amounts of concrete, steel, powerlines, wifi technology, and other man-made sources can affect the behavior of the aircraft. Also, calibrating the compass over or near any of these objects or material can cause issues in flight. This is a general reminder and may not necessarily apply to your situation.
We would like to offer you 30% off a new purchase of a Phantom 3 Advance for $699.30
To accept this offer, please reply affirmatively, and also include you shipping address for the invoice and shipping label. Once we receive that information, we will generate and email you a shipping label.
Please also reply with your proof of purchase for your product.
**Failure to include the proper paperwork and proof of purchase will delay this process.**
You will then receive an invoice and instructions on how to pay via email. Once payment is received, we will ship your package with a tracking number.
Thank you for your patience and support of DJI."

The horrible experience of my flyaway happened in my backyard on my wooden deck where I do the majority of my flying.  There was no concrete or steel, the power lines were 100 feet away (behind me) and the wifi is the same as it was for the past 6 months. I don't want a discount on a new phantom, I want DJI to fix the situation that I feel they put me in.  It was DJI firmware that broke my phantom and a DJI representative has admitted to "an issue with the older version Phantoms."  This flyaway is a direct result of "an issue with the older version Phantoms."  This is DJI's mistake shipping out firmware that ruined the performance of my phantom.  DJI should not have released the 1.5 firmware.  What happened to my phantom is not a result of environment as DJI alluded to but rather a result of BETA TESTING DJI FIRMWARE.

So here is what I need help with...I had trouble grabbing the DAT files so I got onto a chat with DJI support and the DJI rep told me not to plug in a crashed phantom because he was "worried about my security."  So now DJI has decided to not even look at the DAT files to see what happened yet it's assumed its all on me.  Furthermore DJI implied it was dangerous to plug a crashed phantom in to grab the DAT files and so I'm not even sure if I should try to grab the DAT files.  Even if I grab the DAT files and the data shows I'm not making up a story, what can I do?  I feel like I just got shafted here....

So on another note, I have a crashed P3A, controller, 3 batteries, Taco ND filter set, and a Microraptor Pro case up for sale...
2015-12-22
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Get a lawyer or contact BBB.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Could you please give me your ticket number ?
2015-12-22
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-23 12:21
Could you please give me your ticket number ?

the survey ticket number is 232043 and the current support ticket number is 236183
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-23 12:29
the survey ticket number is 232043 and the current support ticket number is 236183

Your case has been reported . We will get it solved as soon as possible .
2015-12-22
Use props
DronesInPhuket
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI support is terrible! This is why they will lose customers to GoPro when the Karma drone comes out, or to any of the other competitors once they mature. DJI has a great product, but does not know how to treat customers. Have a look at my post, trusting in their products has ruined my holiday:
2015-12-23
Use props
DronesInPhuket
lvl.1

Thailand

http://forum.dji.com/thread-37786-1-1.html
2015-12-23
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-23 14:26
Your case has been reported . We will get it solved as soon as possible .

DJI-Patrick,

My ticket had been closed with ZERO investigation...Can you please help me understand what the process is here?  There has been no information added to the ticket from DJI, y'all simple closed the ticket with ZERO investigation.  Super frustrating!  Aircraft crashed 18 days ago (from a flyaway while testing if anything fixed vibrations and drifting introduced by 1.5) and I can't get DJI to help me out AT ALL!  This is maddening, your firmware has issues and y'all need to own up to it, not just sweep it under the rug pretending the issues are only seen by a small percentage.  That's like saying cancer is not a big deal because it only affects a small percentage of humans.  I uploaded my DAT files on Sunday evening (http://forum.dji.com/thread-36975-2-1.html, post #42), is this DJI's response to me providing multiple DAT files?  Or is someone just closing tickets for no reason?
2015-12-30
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to DJI's version of customer support!
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just looked at your ticket, it looks like it was closed and went back to the original one in which the RTH team made you that offer.
I'll ask the team tomorrow, but it looks like the offer made to you is the final decision.
2015-12-30
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 11:28
I just looked at your ticket, it looks like it was closed and went back to the original one in which ...

Can't I just get it fixed instead of buying a new one?  I thought you were going to do an investigation of the DAT files?  Why aren't you guys interested in looking at my DAT files of an aircraft that suffered from major issues, regardless of the crash?  I gave you DAT files before the issues were present and immediately after upgrade. I just can't understand why you won't even look at the logs before making a decision.

And again, why am I being given an "offer" to purchase the whole setup when I already have a controller and a battery.  If you are going to give me an "offer" how about at least making it legit...instead of 30% off the whole package why not 30% off just the aircraft?
2015-12-30
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 11:28
I just looked at your ticket, it looks like it was closed and went back to the original one in which ...

Furthermore, why was there no information, no communication from DJI in the ticket?  The ticket was closed with no information whatsoever and if I didn't come to this forum & complain, I wouldn't have had this limited information.  The lack of communication is very frustrating.  Why can't I just  submit as ticket and expect that I will be treated like a human being?
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-31 11:56
Furthermore, why was there no information, no communication from DJI in the ticket?  The ticket wa ...

I think the ticket was closed because it reverted back to the other one where they made you the offer.
2015-12-30
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

They're probably having their engineers do support, too, to save money.  Engineers can't write.  It's true.  ;)

/qa
2015-12-30
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 11:57
I think the ticket was closed because it reverted back to the other one where they made you the of ...

My apologies but I don't understand what you are saying in regards to why the ticket was closed.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-12-31 12:04
My apologies but I don't understand what you are saying in regards to why the ticket was closed.

I am forum support and don't know the ticket system but when I looked at it it seemed that you had a ticket and they made you the offer and there was no response from you. Then another ticket was created and they decided to keep the original offer they made you so closed out the new ticket and went back to the original ticket where they made you the offer.
You just need to respond to that one.Ticket 232043, DJI emailed you on the Dec 22nd with the offer and you have not responded. That's the ticket you need to respond to.

2015-12-31
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 23:18
I am forum support and don't know the ticket system but when I looked at it it seemed that you had  ...

GRRR. OK so I was given 2 separate ticket numbers?  Gee that's not confusing or anything....I have now updated both 232043 and 236183, so hopefully someone will maybe look at the DAT files...
2015-12-31
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
United States

Calling DJI support was ultimately the correct thing for me to do.
12/11 IM: Pointed me to submit ticket online
12/11 I submitted the online support ticket (232043) and then I submitted the requested information, however there was confusion on terminology...I said "flyaway" which by DJI definition means that I was not able to recover the aircraft. I was able to recover the aircraft which makes this a "crash" regardless of why it crashed (user error, device error, etc.).  Because DJI thought I was not in possession of the aircraft they made me an offer to buy a new P3A package at a 30% discount.  Additionally a new ticket (236183) was spawned on 12/22; I just saw the email and I responded without looking at ticket numbers.  I didn't realize that my new comments were going to a separate ticket until 12/31 when DJI-Ken pointed out the 2 ticket numbers.
12/31 I called DJI and after a short wait (about 15 minutes of being on hold) it only took 5 minutes of talking with someone before I was given an RMA to send my aircraft in for repairs
2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules