2698 17 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update: I will post a video review later tonight.

I received both my Osmo handle and my new V2 Inspire 1 yesterday.
First, I let the batteries for everything charge 100%
Then, I updated everything on the Inspire 1 with the X3 camera attached to it.
I had to uninstall the DJI Go App from my Ipad Mini 2 and my Android Nexus 4 phone. I then re-installed them.

Everything works great! My phone is an older Nexus 4, but it ran great with the Osmo. It ran fine on the Ipad as well. I have a new phone the wife will be buying me for Christmas so I'll keep the Nexus 4 as my dedicated Osmo App phone.

- The update process was a bit iffy. It was a bit difficult to tell if it was updating or not but all went through well.
- The Inspire 1 X3 camera DOES NOT align like the stock Osmo X3 camera onto the handle. It white line is 180 degrees from the original location.
- All features were working as they should.
- Sometimes there is a slight delay from input actions or video feed, but I am not sure if its because of my out-dated smartphone or the app/firmware.

I will post a video review later today and some pictures. It is totally worth it IMHO.
Pictures here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/_mnL_GH0c6/
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing, please share your Osmo footage with us.
2015-12-23
Use props
jeffp021
New

United States

Have you noticed that the locking collar does not turn completely either when the x3 cam is installed?
pther than that all works fine. a little clumsy to get camera in
2015-12-26
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jeffp021 Posted at 2015-12-26 10:28
Have you noticed that the locking collar does not turn completely either when the x3 cam is installe ...

No. I do not have that problem at all. Is there anything lodged or stuck in between the camera and the handle?
2015-12-26
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have been working on a review video but have had some other projects get in the way. Here is a intro video made with the Osmo Inspire 1 X3.

There is still a little bit of stabilization that had to be made post production but its still an amazing tool.
2015-12-30
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-30 17:53
I have been working on a review video but have had some other projects get in the way. Here is a int ...

I'am impressed with your garage
2015-12-30
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-30 17:53
I have been working on a review video but have had some other projects get in the way. Here is a int ...

Nice vid
2015-12-30
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2015-12-31 02:56
I'am impressed with your garage

THANK YOU lol I wish that was my garage. And I will post the full video on here soon.
2015-12-31
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeffp021 Posted at 2015-12-26 10:28
Have you noticed that the locking collar does not turn completely either when the x3 cam is installe ...

Mine doesn't turn all the way towards lock but works fine.  Maybe 80%
2015-12-31
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TravisSRT Posted at 2015-12-31 17:12

Can you upload a picture?
2016-1-3
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ANOTHER ONE...

This was done entirely on an OSMO Inspire 1 X3. I was trying my best not to shake as it was about ZERO degrees outside. 15 second clip was for Instagram.

The OSMO did very well!
2016-1-15
Use props
Sprintrider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093222 ft
United Kingdom

I have an OSMO handle I'm using with an X3 from an Inspire 1. Last time I used it, a few days ago, it all worked fine - now the DJI GO app on Android on start flicks on it's own through the equipment pages, Inspire Pro, Phantom and so on, sometimes stopping to show the 'connect' button in blue for the Phantom, but never showing the OSMO. I can't get it to connect. I have tried the trigger+shutter+power slide combination to reset the WIFI, but despite it showing the correct power LED flashing indicating it has reset, the behaviour of the DJI GO app is the same. I loaded the DJI GO app onto another Android device and logged into my DJI account and the flicking through the equipment pages was exactly the same. Uninstalling, reinstalling the app and clearing DJI GO cache does not change the behaviour. Any ideas
2016-1-31
Use props
Sprintrider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093222 ft
United Kingdom

OK, I  loaded the app onto my son's IPhone 5s - worked perfectly - interesting discovery - rolling back to the DJI GO released on 5 Jan 16 and it works again on both Android devices. (http://www.androidapps.biz/app/dji.pilot). Going back to 2.5.1, the latest DJI GO version, the behaviour I described above reappears. I think that 2.5.1 has a bug for X3 + OSMO handle users of the Android version of the app.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-1-1 06:12

You can try to tighten further the 2 screws in the X3 camera side so that the connection fits to each other better, you may need to use more strength, but please be careful.
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-16 01:29
ANOTHER ONE...
https://youtu.be/YFgwMfHCLVU

Nice job!
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sprintrider Posted at 2016-2-1 00:21
OK, I  loaded the app onto my son's IPhone 5s - worked perfectly - interesting discovery - rolling b ...

Thanks for your feedback! Could you please tell me the models of the two Android devices? Are they completely compatible with DJI GO App? If possible, could you please upload a video that flicks for our correct understanding?
2016-1-31
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sprintrider Posted at 2016-1-31 11:21
OK, I  loaded the app onto my son's IPhone 5s - worked perfectly - interesting discovery - rolling b ...

I am so sorry I was away for a shoot and I just got in today. I am glad you got it working again! To tell you the truth, I have turned off AUTOMATIC UPDATES because I always want to get feedback on new updates before I install them.

The last thing I want to happen is to temporary brick one of my devices before a big project. I also have an Android Smart Phone but primarily use a Ipad Mini 2 as my main control unit. I keep the disparity on purpose because of cases like the one you just described. Sometimes something will work on android but not work on IOS, and vice versa.
2016-1-31
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, more will be coming =]
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now