Phantom 3 gone bananas
824 1 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dinosaur
New

Sweden

I crashed my phantom 3 advanced a while back and broke the camera. I replaced the props and removed the gimbal & camera. I also had to remove the upper cover because one of the motors was jammed. Then I went out for a test. At first it seemed to fly ok, but then it started to do these strange manuevers. It just starts to ascend by itself, it shoots up and I have to push the throttle all the way down to get it down. It sometimes shoots off horizontally too. It's just gone completely crazy and I dont know what to do... I suspect it's the failsafe that is causing all this.
I get a "no signal" message on my phone. It could be the failsafe kicking in and trying to hover it above me because of the "no signal" message, even though I can control it. When I change the settings to return-to-home it is somewhat stable but I cant really say for sure since It's been a while.
I also can't shut down the motors when it's on the ground, for some reason the engine RPMs increase/decrease unsynchronised when it's on the ground like its trying to correct for something. Last time I tried to shut it off I broke another prop because the motors increased the power so much that it tipped over...

If I just start it and dont take-off just let it stay on the ground it seems to be fine, I can shut it down.

So is there any way to turn off the failsafe? If I buy another camera, will it work? Shouldn't they be able to fly without cameras too? I've already tried to recalibrate it.

Is it finito caput or can I repair it somehow?
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash! As I see, your bird really needs to be sent in
Please contact your local support center: http://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-3-pro
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules