Hypothetical situation?
1179 10 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

What would happen if I place the craft in an autonomous flight, for instance orbiting, and the craft lose connection with the RC? would it continue orbiting untill it falls due to flat battery? would it invoke auto RTH when battery reach low level? would it invoke auto landing when battery reach critical level?

2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

You can set that in DJI Go App . If the RC signal lost during the waypoint mission , it will continue the mission . And after the mission complete , it will hover or return to home as you set in the App .
2015-12-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 11:20
You can set that in DJI Go App . If the RC signal lost during the waypoint mission , it will continu ...

what would happen if on it's end of the mission the RC signal is lost for some reason and it was set to hover. will it then hover until when?
2015-12-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 11:20
You can set that in DJI Go App . If the RC signal lost during the waypoint mission , it will continu ...

A few days ago i sent the craft on a way point mission of 1.2km round trip. after 300 meters i lost all contact with the craft from the RC due to buildings. the craft was flying at 10km/h at 50m altitude most of the time. At that altitude, according to healthy drones, the wind speed was 33km/h. That made the battery to lose power faster than normal. I was just wondering what would happen if the craft ran into problems of low battery while I am unable to call it back? am using Litchi app
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

draadkar Posted at 2015-12-24 18:25
what would happen if on it's end of the mission the RC signal is lost for some reason and it was se ...

It'll hover till the low battery RTH triggered .
2015-12-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 11:57
It'll hover till the low battery RTH triggered .

does the craft's software trigger the RTH irrespective of the app being used?
2015-12-24
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

draadkar Posted at 2015-12-24 19:45
does the craft's software trigger the RTH irrespective of the app being used?

The App settings should be recorded in your aircraft  before the mission . You'll need the app to set waypoints .
2015-12-24
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 04:38
The App settings should be recorded in your aircraft  before the mission . You'll need the app to  ...

thank you. I have decided to create a way point flight with the litchi app that would keep the craft in the air above me for longer than 25 minutes. that should create the scenario where the battery should be flat during flight. I will have the craft fly 40 meters from the home point and then can observe if the craft's software will override the app program when things go bad.
2015-12-25
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-24 21:26
The craft does it. If the app did it and you had no connection to the craft...what would be the se ...

the craft returns home when you press the button on the RC. the craft returns home when contact with the RC is lost for more than 8 seconds during manual flight. this i know and have tested. will the craft override the Litchi set of instructions on an autonomous way point flight and invoke RTH is not known to me and that is my question.
2015-12-25
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules