Unstable Hover
1798 14 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

From the start several months ago I have found my P3P is not particularly stable.  I see videos made by others and posted on this forum where the P3 is as stable as being on a tripod. Mine doesn't fly that way.  Here's an example below, taken in winds of 5-10 mph and with the video sped up by a factor of four.

Does anyone else have this problem?  If so, how do you fix it?  (I've cailbrated the IMU and compass many times and still have the problem)

2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please try an IMU calibration . Thank you !
2015-12-24
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 10:35
Please try an IMU calibration . Thank you !

Hi Patrick

Thank you for the suggestion.  As I mentioned, I have done several IMU calibrations and, indeed, did one just before this video was filmed.
2015-12-24
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

msjh Posted at 2015-12-24 19:12
Hi Patrick

Thank you for the suggestion.  As I mentioned, I have done several IMU calibrations an ...

As rebel said , please try to fly in other places without the wind . Thank you !
2015-12-24
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-24 20:13
The trees are blowing . Apparently it was windy.You cant expect it to be 100% stable when the wind i ...

OK will do that, but not today ... :-)
2015-12-25
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 03:33
As rebel said , please try to fly in other places without the wind . Thank you !

OK will do that.  It's seldom wind-free but I'll do my best.  Bear in mind the video was 4x normal speed, so the tree movement is exaggerated.  But I will try in as near windless conditions as I can find.
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

msjh Posted at 2015-12-25 17:50
OK will do that.  It's seldom wind-free but I'll do my best.  Bear in mind the video was 4x normal ...

Please kindly try that . If the problem still exists even after IMU calibration , please contact your dealer or support center .
Europe.jpg
2015-12-25
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-25
Use props
tautvilas.ligei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

have the same problem. P3P slowly goes up/down/left/right (randomly) while hoovering outside. Did calibrations. No wind outside.

Have you solved this problem, msjh ?

2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks pretty windy outside, the Phantom won't stay 100% put with that wind. Also, I'm sure it looks better if played at normal speed.
If you hover any Phantom in strong wind you will see it bobbling around.
If you lower your gains some it will help, It's trying to be too rigid and if you soften it up with lowering the gains it should make slower corrections and not be so jumpy.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

tautvilas.ligei Posted at 2016-1-7 00:39
have the same problem. P3P slowly goes up/down/left/right (randomly) while hoovering outside. Did ca ...

If the IMU calibration can't solved the problem , please contact your dealer or support center about this . You can contact Netherland support center at this page : http://www.dji.com/support
2016-1-6
Use props
tautvilas.ligei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-7 05:00
If the IMU calibration can't solved the problem , please contact your dealer or support center abou ...

Thank you for your concern, but Netherland is way too far from where I live.

I thought there is easier way to solve this
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

tautvilas.ligei Posted at 2016-1-7 17:19
Thank you for your concern, but Netherland is way too far from where I live.

I thought there is e ...

Hi . Please contact your dealer about this issue in that case .
2016-1-7
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well, at the end of my latest flight, while the P3Pro was at about eye height (say 1.7 metres), a DJI Go screen capture reported that the P3Pro was at 8 metres height, so an error of about 6.3 metres or 21 ft.  This endangers RTH, means "circling" a POI will be more like a spiral and so on.  I both love this machine and find this flaw utterly depressing.  It's already been in once for repair on this but no improvement.
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules