Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to balance F550 after Zenmuse H3-3D installation
4656 12 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marco.piro
lvl.1

Italy

Hi there,
here is my fully working, well balanced F550 E300 stock multirotor:

Now i've bought and install the Zenmuse H3-3D with the DJI Part50 mounting bracket

As you can see in the picture, i'm unable to properly balance the F550 anymore

To keep it balanced i should put the LiPo too much backward, outside from the top plate!
I really cant believe DJI made a mistake with this mouting bracket...

Any advice?

Cheers
2014-12-28
Use props
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks like quite a small, and therefore light, battery you have there.  My setup is quite similar to yours and I have to put my battery well back on the plate, but not as far as yours.  My usual battery is a 5000 4S 30C.  Maybe you need a bigger/heavier battery?  You can't blame DJI!
2014-12-29
Use props
marco.piro
lvl.1

Italy

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2014-12-29 18:07
That looks like quite a small, and therefore light, battery you have there.  My setup is quite simil ...

My F550 ARF kit is the new version, shipped together with the E300 Tuned Propulsion System.
On the DJI E300's webpage, as you can see, the recommended battery is 3S LiPo.
The LiPo you can see in the pictures is a ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 3S 25C (365gr including a new XT-60 plug) so it matches DJI's recommendation.
Do you think i should add extra-weight (and lower flight time) to properly balance the multirotor???
2014-12-29
Use props
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think most F550 pilots use a 4S.  I suspect the important word in your post is 'compact', not very heavy, in other words.  A 5000 4S and keeping the craft under 2.4 Kg should get you a good 11 minutes in the air.  I don't know what a 3S gives in the air.
2014-12-29
Use props
marco.piro
lvl.1

Italy

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2014-12-29 22:32
I think most F550 pilots use a 4S.  I suspect the important word in your post is 'compact', not very ...

I didnt fly yet with gimbal&Gopro due to the balancing problem.
Previously the hovering time was 17 mins with 1650gr (LiPo included) overall weight.
I took that LiPo just because, among the unexpensive ones, it has a very good power / weight ratio.
Please note that the new Multistar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor LiPo pack achieve an even better power / weight ratio because it's only 331gr (but also only 10C/20burst).
IMHO the goal is not to waste battery by lifting a LiPo heavier than needed.
2014-12-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once you start adding weight dynamics change. You will need a 4s 4000-5300mah pack to get any decent flight times. Higher C rating longer the packs will last. Multistar are OK if not carry anything but once you start to stress them, say good bye.
2014-12-30
Use props
mapi69
lvl.1

Italy

Higher C rating means longer flights??
The discharge rate you need strictly depends on the LiPo capacity.
C = Power consumption / LiPo capacity
so... Higher capacity LiPo means longher flight time and lower C rating.
2014-12-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I fully understand the difference between C rating and Capacity..

And no, higher capacity does not mean lower C rating.  
2014-12-31
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Hobby king.com I run the turnings 4 cell 7200mah 40c battery and my f550 weighs 5.7 lbs and I get 13 min flight time with 3 min to land so 16 min take off to landed an my charger puts 5900 to 6200 mah back into each battery.. I have 4 of them and I've got at least 150 charge cycles on them and my times haven't decreased at all. I run immersionrc eroded also to monitor amp draw, voltage, and mah consumed and it's dead on with what my charger says each battery got from its charge..  You will be happy with those batteries.. And they are only $60. I did get 2 of them where 1cell read 3.5 volts and the other 3 read 3.8 when I first got them but I charged them and ran the pack and by the 3rd charge cycle all the cells balanced out. Now all cells in all 4 of them read 4.19 to 4.21 each and the flight times were always consistent with the other 2 packs where the cells always read equal.. Also I use 2straps to hold them on tightly and positioned them all the way back and I'm perfectly balanced. I don't know why dji says 3 cell with my f450 I get 25 min off my 8000mah 3 cell 30c but it's sluggish and after 4500 mah gets used up it doesn't fly as good. It will hold a hover but it's sluggish and when landing it will yaw back and forth and be a challenge to get landed. But since I started running a 4 cell on my F450 and F550 I'm happy with how they fly and my F550 on a calm day can do 50mph and weighs almost 6 pounds.. My f450 can get up to 40mph and even in the strongest wind they hold 8 mph I'm gps mode and in atti mode gives you 12 degrees more tilt and they go even faster but can't hold steady altitude when tilted more than 29 degrees and that info comes from dji's iosd mini. I run 1 cam with 2 odd and use a video switcher to switch between the 2 with a receiver channel. So run 40c minimum 4 cell with 5000 to 10,000mah and you will be happy you did..  I've learned the e300 motors don't allow any craft to fly right with less than 11volts loaded. Maybe a 80c 3 cell would help a little but on my 550 4000mah is all I could get out of a 35c 3 cell before it would start flying bad and bad enough to cause a crash..  Thank god my friend owns a hobby shop and I was able to try different batteries without having to buy them or dji would have cost me allot of money. Trying to figure this out.. Most the issue is dji documentation on the 450 and f550 are with the old red motors and 8in props and nothing about the kits with the new system. Dji tech support in the states don't even know anything! They kept trying to tell me the e300 system could run 4 to 6 cell but not 3cell so I still don't know what they can take for power but I chanced the 4 cell and do far it's been working
2014-12-31
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

DJI I would love to get paid to fly your toys and play with them and help you in the tech support area that you been lacking in so much...  Free toys and a decent wage and I will be your man for life! And we can get your tech support reputation back into good standing with your customers....  I'm serious so if the right person sees this feel free to contact me.....

Mark
2014-12-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark

It take more than a few post to get a gig like that..
2015-1-1
Use props
mapi69
lvl.1

Italy

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-1 07:57
I fully understand the difference between C rating and Capacity..

And no, higher capacity does not  ...

Would you mean the mathematical relationship "max C you need = multirotor max power consumption / LiPo Capacity" is wrong ??
2015-1-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If I understand your question.. You would want an overhead over what the multi can max pull. lets say you have a multi the can pull 60 max and your using a 2200mah 20c pack, that would give you only 44a. You could either get a higher c rated pack or get higher capacity.

In the above example lets say its a 450. It would be more like 5-7a per motor with no payload.. So in theory that 20c 2200 pack could work fine. But once you add a payload like a h3-3d you will be pulling over the rated c. This is why people mostly see the cheaper packs fail under high loads. In reality even the 30c rated HK packs are more like 15-20c max.
2015-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules