Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
max. ascent and descent speed
2119 5 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tankfarms
lvl.1
United States

I noticed that on my P3S, the max. ascent speed could reach somehwere between 4 to 5 m/s, however on the descent, the max. speed is no more than 3 m/s?

Is this by design? Sometimes when I'm getting close to run out of battery, i just feel that i cannot bring down the quadcopter quick enough.

2015-12-26
Use props
Trent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23707 ft
United States

Yes it is by design. Look up vortex ring state.
2015-12-26
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Trent states, that is normal. You don't really want to come down to fast. However if you feel capable you can always fly it down faster. Be careful!
2015-12-26
Use props
tankfarms
lvl.1
United States

Good to know, learning more about this drone everyday. Thanks!
2015-12-26
Use props
pepijnaben
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1383189 ft
Netherlands

But now with the latest Firmware (v1.6.0040)  I notice the ascent speed is absolutely lower than ever before. I guess the ascent speed is now adjusted the same as the descend speed.
Hmm... I don't know if this makes me happy...Or is this because of the cold weather ? (around 0 celcius here) Are other Phantom flyers experiance the same in normal warmer climate ?

2016-1-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

pepijnaben@gmai Posted at 2016-1-19 05:24
But now with the latest Firmware (v1.6.0040)  I notice the ascent speed is absolutely lower than eve ...

I figure the ascent speed was lowered for cold weather conditions to try and avoid the issue of aircraft falling out of the sky. Full rate climb uses a lot of power and that could cause the battery voltage level to drop to a critical level.
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules