Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,
Enjoiying a little Holiday frustration trying to get my X5 up and running for a job. The X5 camera acts as if it's not reading my SD cards. Experiences,Ideas, help ?

I have an X5 camera on an Inspire 1. Fresh back from a DJI free repair due to take-off crash related to last firmware with colder temps at 7300 feet. It seems as if the camera doesn't recognize any of the 3 different SD cards I've tried.

Details:
X5 and Inspire returned fixed from DJI LA center 3 days ago. Trying to update with firmware to 1.6.00.40 would not work from X5 camera. I tried reformatting 3 different SD cards and it wouldn't read the card. Frustrated I put my X3 camera on the Inspire and it loaded the firmware with it's normal ease. The problem is when I put the X5 camera back on the aircraft the GoApp says that I still need to upgrade the X5 camera firmware. Again, 3 different SD cards, formatted, loaded with .bin and the X5 does nothing.
Two 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro's, one 16GB Lexar sd card.  The Sandisk show up on the App as "no sd card" and the Lexar shows up on the app but still when doing the firmware update proceedure the aircraft doesn't respond with any of the 3 cards.  I've repeated the entire process several times of formating, update download, etc.

Anyone else aware of this, hate to be grounded another 3 weeks ugh!  I've yet to actually fly the X5 and test it's video/photo abilities.

Thanks

2015-12-26
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hi, the 1.6.00.40 its not the correct firmware for the X5, i read in other forum a guy with the same issue and he solve it with the right firmware.
Try it downloading from this page:

DJI Support Inspire X5 Downloads

Best Regards,

Leo
2015-12-27
Use props
knighton3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45308 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did anyone figure this out yet?

Issue is that the DJI App shows Green safe to fly in upper right and the drone and X5 gimbal seem to function fine. The gimbal powers up and moves around. The only problem is that the video feed is not shown in the app and instead it shows a black screen with the DJI logo in the middle. Also the camera settings (iso, shutter, etc) on bottom right are not accessible. Also the SD card pictures are not accessible and not able to be formatted.
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules