1789 5 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bonezshaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest firmware seems to of made changes to the torch mode. The joystick now doesnt work for pan only for tilt and the gimbal always returns to the centre even after pressing the lock trigger when panning, when you let go it continues to find centre. I assume this has been done to stop the gimbal drifting which I still get a little in upright and underslung mode.

Anybody else noticed this?

2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the latest firmware of Osmo has disabled the pan control when the Osmo is in torch mode. The pan axis has been locked to the center in torch mode since this mode is usually for forward shooting.
2015-12-27
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-28 13:31
Hi, the latest firmware of Osmo has disabled the pan control when the Osmo is in torch mode. The pan ...

Good idea, I think this a good change. A "torch" always points straight ahead anyway, so the analogy is better represented by locking the pan axis.

BTW, I'm enjoying the new firmware fix for the gimbal SmoothTrack re-centering with deadband set to 0. The Osmo is now MUCH better at returning to the exact center position when panning. Before this firmware, the Osmo did not accurately return to center, it was unacceptable and I disabled pan axis and used joystick only to pan. Now, with the firmware fix I can enable pan axis again, it's much better now. Good job engineers!
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ke-now Posted at 2016-1-3 20:59
Good idea, I think this a good change. A "torch" always points straight ahead anyway, so the analo ...

Yes, after we got feedback about the gimbal centering problem, the engineers have changed the design. Great to hear that. Enjoy your Osmo. We're right here listening to customers feedback and suggestions.
2016-1-3
Use props
AdamChan
lvl.1

United States

I need the pan function in torch mode... one of the great features of the osmo is the ability to control the camera direction freely regardless of the direction you hold it. Now with the pan function gone, it also puts a bug in when controlling it with the DJI app. It does this kind of snapping back when I release my finger, which is reallly anoying. The osmo has been working for me like a mini crane with remote control pan-tilt head. Sometime I rig the it on a mini dolly horizotally(torch mode) and push the dolly with the extension stick while controlling the camera direction using the mobile phone. Please put the pan function back as it is very important to me. At least give us an option to turn it on and off... Thanks!!!
2016-12-1
Use props
Oneplus 5t
lvl.1

Réunion

AdamChan Posted at 2016-12-1 07:10
I need the pan function in torch mode... one of the great features of the osmo is the ability to control the camera direction freely regardless of the direction you hold it. Now with the pan function gone, it also puts a bug in when controlling it with the DJI app. It does this kind of snapping back when I release my finger, which is reallly anoying. The osmo has been working for me like a mini crane with remote control pan-tilt head. Sometime I rig the it on a mini dolly horizotally(torch mode) and push the dolly with the extension stick while controlling the camera direction using the mobile phone. Please put the pan function back as it is very important to me. At least give us an option to turn it on and off... Thanks!!!

True, panning in torch mode is a must for me. I can't believe this isn't possible on the OM2.

Should've bought the smooth q instead...
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules