Phantom 2 V2 with Zenmuse h3 firmware upgrade question
773 2 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skjk1.comcast
lvl.1

United States

I was considering upgrading to 3.14 and currently am using 3.8 without any problems at all. After reading some of the stories about 3.14 it doesn't seem to make any sense to upgrade based on all the problems associated with it. It also appears that DJI has stopped producing any additional updates for the p2v2 since it is no longer sold so any errors with the installation of 3.14 will go uncorrected IMHO. So as long as 3.8 is working fine I see no reason to upgrade, other than the "optimized compass for reliability" and the "ability to have control when automatic landing is initiated".  I know it updates the no fly  areas, but I wouldn't fly there anyway. If I want to check out battery stats, etc. I should disconnect from the internet so I am not prompted to upgrade I think that would be the correct action. So in my opinion it is not worth the hassle or upgrading and risking some kind of irreversible error, correct?
2015-12-26
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Don't know about all the horror stories but I fly two Phantoms with 3.14 and all updates with no issues. Have been flying for months. One key I found nod was after every major update I recalibrate my IMU and compass. That seems to put everything in perspective and proper operation. I know the majority of pilots have updated too.
If you update the Phantom you will find the best way to recalibrate is with the quad cool and it calibrates fast. You are correct there have been no updates after 3.14
2015-12-27
Use props
Drone Flyer
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-12-27 18:08
Don't know about all the horror stories but I fly two Phantoms with 3.14 and all updates with no iss ...

Thank you.
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules