PV2+ Date & time set?
3079 10 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

Every time I shoot ....the date and time on the video/jpg/raw file data file is different for each session!!!

Where is this info coming from and how do I set it to GMT plus local time?

This is important as we are using the drone for research and need to sync with other data for cross reference.
Ditto anyhow for my Aperture library.

Cheers
Robbi

2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Is the Date somthing like December 2007
2014-9-24
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

I can't find the file but yes..one was like that...then another was in the future...very random..I need to log it again when I see it
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I get them when I forget to turn my camera recording off. If you turn your phantom off while it is still recording it will put false dates on the file.
I don't know why it happens, it just does. There are no time and date settings in the software. I believe it gets it from the Fpv device.

2014-9-24
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 13:06
I get them when I forget to turn my camera recording off. If you turn your phantom off while it is s ...

actually you are right...thats it..its a bug...I also had a large video file not written because I switched off the unit too soon..annoying as I could not salvage it no matter what I tried...wasnt recognised in any software application...now I let the 'beast' run for a while before I power down..
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

In most cases when this happens you can restart the phantom and it will repair the file. But it will put that false date into the file.
I have heard some talk about software that would also repair the file. But I have not seen this software and do not know the name of it.
You just have to remember to stop recording before turning the phantom off.  There should be a update to fix this. Take Note DJI....
2014-9-25
Use props
DJI-Daniel
lvl.1

China

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 13:06
I get them when I forget to turn my camera recording off. If you turn your phantom off while it is s ...

Yes Sir, you are correct. For P2V+, the time is same as your mobile device.
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Thanks DJI-Daniel for the Clarification
2014-9-25
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 22:14
Thanks DJI-Daniel for the Clarification

I made the same mistake again this morning in difficult flight conditions...swithched the camera off and then switched the phantom off too soon for it to process a large video file....which then became 'unreadable.
I placed the card back in the phantom and set up the entire chain of operations..then I switched to album on the 'phone' and it continued to write the file to its conclusion and I was able to download it OK
Easy mistake to make...worth a bulletin perhaps
2014-10-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It Is an easy misstate to make, I have done it before, but the recovery procedure is written in the manual for all to read.
2014-10-9
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
United States

FYI, if you end up with an unplayable video file, then software that can fix many of these files is available here:
http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2014-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules