2044 4 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not that I am ready for this but I was just curious, what are we expected to do if the lipo battery in the RC stops holding a charge? Can the battery in the controller be replaced or is this seen as something that will more than likely last the life of the controller?

Many thanks,
Houston

2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

well, that is interesting question.  As i think since RC battery is not a lipo but li-on it will last for much longer, and you will not have to change it before it becomes a vintage
2015-12-27
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Again, I'm afraid this is WRONG information given out by DJI Support!

The battery in the Inspire (And P3) remotes is a 2 cell Li-Po pack of nominal voltage 3.7v as you would expect.

2015-12-28
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking forward to more feedback then. Now we have conflicting information about the battery. LOL.  

Mark, how is it that you feel the battery in the RC unit is a Lipo? Not doubting here as I have read this same thing in another post but  just curious how you feel certain about this?

Houston
2015-12-28
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

houston Posted at 2015-12-28 07:26
Looking forward to more feedback then. Now we have conflicting information about the battery. LOL.   ...

My honest answer is that it will last just as long as normal computer batteries last. Since the remote is like a computer, with a motherboard, heat sync, USB, etc...So I am sure they put a similar battery (smaller in size of course) compared to let's say a macbook pro...It should be good for at least 1,000 charge cycles. Which should last AT LEAST 5 years...
I was wondering the same thing by the way.... so good question
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules