Multiple Battery Firmware updates process question
859 6 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Hey everyone! I was hoping I could start a discussion on on updating the firmware for batteries. I purchased two batteries. When I got the drone I took the battery that came with it and did the following.

1. Downloaded the new firmware and put the bin on the sd card.
2. Put the card in the drone and updated the firmware. Question -> Is this updating the drone and the battery, just battery or just drone?
3. Plugged the IPad Mini 4 to the RC and did the firmware upgrade from there, zero problems.

I grabbed the sd card and removed the firmware upgrade txt file and put the sd card back in the drone. I switched batteries and tried to upgrade but I just keep getting an abort, this device detected an identical firmware, etc.

How do you upgrade all of your batteries and is there a way to tell through the DJI software what firmware your batteries are on?

TIA
2015-12-27
Use props
dowlf
lvl.1

United States

I do the initial upgrade that takes awhile for the drone itself and the battery that is in at that time. I then switch out the battery and turn it back on with the sd card that has the firmware on it, it goes through the process of upgrading the battery automatically and only takes a few minutes. I have 4 batteries so I repeat it until they are all done. At the end there are 4 entries in the text file for successful updates.
2015-12-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sifu128,
  The firmware contains numerous module updates and first checks module versions to determine exactly what needs updating. It then makes one or more passes updating the necessary components. During your initial upgrade session, your battery was upgraded (if needed)
  The GO App will actually inform you if the secondary batteries need updating....
  To update additional batteries, just put the firmware back on the SD Card. The upgrade process will check versions, and will only update the necessary components (battery)....
   While the battery is being upgraded, the center two LEDs on the battery will illuminate.....
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Terry has hit the point !  You'll just have to plug the battery into the aircraft and the App will remind you about that .  
2015-12-28
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-12-27 19:40
Sifu128,
  The firmware contains numerous module updates and first checks module versions to determi ...

Thanks Terry. I gave some incorrect information the other day about updating the battery (batteries) following a firmware update. I very much appreciate the comment also about the LEDs on the battery during the update. Always nice to see information that tells you exactly what's going on!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-28
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-12-27 19:40
Sifu128,
  The firmware contains numerous module updates and first checks module versions to determi ...

Thanks you for the reply!!
2015-12-28
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

dowlf Posted at 2015-12-27 19:36
I do the initial upgrade that takes awhile for the drone itself and the battery that is in at that t ...

This totally makes sense. I was expecting the second battery to take as long as the first update (drone and battery did). I am all set Thank you!
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules