GH4 Zenmuse not leveled at startup
1700 12 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

GH4 Zenmuse not leveled at startup, but after 180° (facing backwards) it is leveled.

Anyone has the same issues?
2014-12-29
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, it is hard to encounter such issue you met.
try to calibrate the IMU of flight control. If it doesn't work, connect your dealer for further maintenance.
2014-12-30
Use props
nejc.slatner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22129 ft
Slovenia

How do you calibrate IMU on the Wookong?
2015-1-1
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

In the Wookong assistant go to tool and then IMU calibration.
2015-1-3
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I don't see that option.

2015-1-7
Use props
stpfl
lvl.2

Austria

Hi! Same problem here! Compass calibration makes no difference. Any solution?
2015-1-9
Use props
stpfl
lvl.2

Austria

Problem Zenmuse not level after startup:

i think the problem is a wookong/IMU Drift. After flying the Wookong about 2 years IMU has a drift now. There where no drift at the beginning and the installation did not change.Now IMU thinks its slightly rotated to the left but actually it isn't. So when the multirotor starts it makes a small kick to the right.  but after half a second its stable so not a big problem. But if you fly forward in ATTI Mode its also slightly drifting to the right! But the main problem is the Wookong is connected with my Zenmuse GH4. So wookong is sending wrong data to zenmuse. So because IMU thinks its slightly roted to the left gimbal is slightly roted to the right. This is the reason why its not level after start. I am very sure the solution would be Recalibrate the Wookong IMU.

I had exactly the same drift problem with my NAZA-M controller. It got a drift after flying one year. After recalibration of imu no more drifts were seen. I think you have to recalibrate the IMU after a while doesn't matter which controller you are using. But actually there is no Wookong IMU calibration availiable ? If its not necessary why does the A2 controller have a IMU calibration?
I think it would be a great advantage and need to be able to recalibrate the wookong IMU!
2015-1-11
Use props
stpfl
lvl.2

Austria

Maybe good news :-)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-1-13
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.2

Austria

UPDATE: As i thougt it was the calibration of the IMU.
Because there were no IMU calibration available for wookong i had to replace the IMU. My Shop sent me an replacement IMU and the horizon at the zenmuse is perfect now with new IMU after start-up. :-)

I would be easier to just make a IMU calibration instead of sending in the IMU!
2015-1-23
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

It is weird, because I tried with two IMU's and had exactly the same issue on both.
2015-1-24
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.2

Austria

quadslo Posted at 2015-1-24 23:57
It is weird, because I tried with two IMU's and had exactly the same issue on both.

If you have used the second IMU already it could be that you already need a recalibration.
You have to do a recalibration at least after one year i would say.

if the second IMU was new it could also be that there was a bad calibration from the beginning.
I have now perfect horizon after startup and also when i pan arround on the ground.
2015-1-24
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I'm happy that you found a solution. Will try with the recalibration. Do you have any suggestion what to write to DJI?
2015-1-25
Use props
stpfl.email
lvl.2

Austria

thats the frustrating point. there is no IMU Calibration available for this expensive WKM Controller. You can buy several NAZA V2 for this price und you get IMU Calibration function. But its not compatible with Zenmuse
You can make following test: if you zenmuse hangs to the right its because wookong thinks IMU is slightly rotated to the left. If you rotate your Wookong IMU to the right you will notice that your zenmuse is leveled.

I talked to DJI this problem in different ways i hope the will bring out a solution for all WKM Users.
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules