Phantom 3 gimbal yaw arm
2251 2 2015-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
audioman360
New

United States

Hi all,

I'm trying to contact DJI, not having much luck on the phone or by live chat, maybe because of the holidays? Anyways, I was flying my Phantom 3 Professional a few days ago and I got a low battery warning. I decided to fly it in front of me as I was walking towards my back patio to land it. As I was coming in the battery delpelted to the Return to Home level and automatically started gaining altitude, it slammed into the patio overhang and was literally drilling into the drywall. I attempted to manually pull it down but accidentally held the left stick all the way and it shut off the motors. My Phantom fell about 10ft to the concrete and flipped a few times. I immediately lost (most) visual signal on my device, it became a black screen with lines through it. I can tell that the camera is still working, but it appears that the flex cable was damaged, and the gimbal yaw arm was twisted and cracked. Does anyone know what DJI's warranty policy is, and if my case warrants a repair? If not, does anyone know where I can find a real (not 3D printed platic) yaw arm? For some reason DJI sells the Flex cable, but no Yaw arm (even though it seems like these break a lot). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1876.PNG
IMG_1818-2.JPG
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please check the warranty policy through these links :
DJI WARRANTY SERVICE : http://www.dji.com/service#warranty_service
WARRANTY PERIOD OF MAIN PARTS : http://www.dji.com/service#warranty_period
2016-1-5
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

My guess is that you had an accident and your Phantom got damaged in the fall, so I don't think it's a warranty issue, the thing that really bugs me is that authorized repair centers shown here on their site cannot repair things like the Gimble arm, they can't get the parts it has to go back to DJI for repair, with all the damaged gimble arms I've read about, it looks like it's a very poor design, the arm can't hold up in a crash, they either bend or snap off, they really need to reengineer their product, it's like having a Corvair ( for all you youngsters, the Corvair was a car made by Chevrolet that had the trunk in front which couldn't withstand a frontal collision and thru Ralph Naders efforts the car was pulled from the market)

In my opinion, there are major design flaws with their Gimble arm design, they break or bend too easily, the ribbon cable is exposed and not reinforced in any way, and then when damaged or broken the customer doesn't have any repair options, I'm not sure but this may because there camera needs to be recalibrated and DJI is the only ones who have the equipment to do this.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules