Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisivan69@gma Posted at 2016-1-2 16:33
Well I tried flying today way out of town and even worse signal loss . Couldn't even hardly take o ...

If you've tried everything including different USB cables and devices then you may need to send it in for repair.
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chrisivan69@gma Posted at 2016-1-2 16:33
Well I tried flying today way out of town and even worse signal loss . Couldn't even hardly take o ...

Did the installation of those antenna boosters require taking anything apart on the controller?
2016-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chrisivan69@gma Posted at 2016-1-3 10:33

I think you may have broken the antenna connection inside the controller.
2016-1-2
Use props
chrisivan69
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 19:13
Did the installation of those antenna boosters require taking anything apart on the controller?

No they are just a reflector , they just slide on the antenna , windsurfer is the brand name . I'll try a different cable , it has full RC and HD inside the house even when I leave the room with controller . I go outside set it all up and everything still 100% then I take off get about 100ft in the air and RC signal just starts going crazy and drops completely . Enters RTH , I land it walk up to it and have full bars up to about 3 ft away . Then I re start everything and get 100% again take off and the RC signal gets weak much faster . Is it because it's 32' F out side and the drone or controller gets too cold ? It's the RC signal mainly but also the HD signal has problems shortly after the RC signal goes out . Also this is very strange (this has only happened to my iPhone 6 while connected to app/controller). The app and phone shut off and phone says it's drained to 0% and has a charge of 100% when I start to fly . And won't turn back on until I plug into wall charger . Then once it's plugged in it turns on and has normal battery 90% with only being on charger for 30 seconds . I read on a forum that someone else has had same phone crash / power drain error and signal loss . So I'm not the only one . I'll keep trying things but it seems to be when the drone/ controller gets cold it has the issues . Inside where it's warm it's fine ? Well I can't fly inside not enough room so I can't really test this except for walking around my house with controller to see if signal drops . Anyways any other ideas ? I'll try more things and see what happens I guess. Thanks for help !
2016-1-3
Use props
chrisivan69
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-2 19:51
I think you may have broken the antenna connection inside the controller.

Possibly but if that was the case I would get no signal at all ? Or it would not work inside my house like it does . I think something is A over heating or B too cold possibly ? I dunno very frustrating . I've spent in insane amount of time on this and I'm getting very tired of trying things
2016-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chrisivan69@gma Posted at 2016-1-4 07:38
Possibly but if that was the case I would get no signal at all ? Or it would not work inside my ho ...

Could still be a broken connection to the antenna, a poster on this forum found that happened to his RC unit some time back. You cannot draw conclusions about it working inside the house but not outside, the signals used on these devices are digital and do not simply fade away, they get to a point where the signal is too weak and just drop out. It is called the Cliff Effect, and is quite common. Even with a broken antenna connection you will still get some signal, up to a point.
2016-1-3
Use props
chrisivan69
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-3 15:05
Could still be a broken connection to the antenna, a poster on this forum found that happened to hi ...

Ok thank you that's good to know , just not sure how it would have broke its just been sitting in its padded case but electronics are touchy and do strange things . It's just been a strange set of things that have happened all at once . And with so many people having signal issues due to this new firmware or whatever it may be I just thought my issue was something the same . It's just strange I'll just wait for Dji to respond to me I guess . Thanks for your input
2016-1-3
Use props
seanperona
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 23:46
Have you had any luck getting smooth video signal?
Since your using a Note4 you shouldn't have any ...

Hi Ken. Did what you said.
1. Formatted SD Card (Sandisk 64GB Pro) in my laptop.
2. Downloaded new 1.5 firmware.
3. Downgraded AC to 1.5 from 1.6
4. Check memory in my Note 4 (1.7GB free)
5. Flew the AC at 5am in the morning along the river (to deduct any wifi or radio signal interference)
6. Still experiencing video lag and signal loss.
7. But can still manage to fly the aircraft during signal loss

Here is the video of the initial flight test with 1.5 firmware.

2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

seanperona Posted at 2016-1-5 07:05
Hi Ken. Did what you said.
1. Formatted SD Card (Sandisk 64GB Pro) in my laptop.
2. Downloaded ne ...

Ahhh, I thought you were having NO signal and not limited signal.
My suggestion is to go into the application manager and force stop all background running apps that you don't need. Also go into the video transmission quality setting and lower it and that will get you better signal.
also watch this video on antenna orientation to see if it helps.
I'm done for the day but may be back this evening if you still need help.

2016-1-4
Use props
seanperona
lvl.1

Philippines

kjone33 Posted at 2016-1-3 06:01
Funny enough, I did upgrade again to 1.6 flew several times on the 31st, everything seemed great un ...

I agree. I only started experiencing this video lag / signal loss when i upgraded to the latest firmware. I downgraded/upgraded/downgraded, reinstalled Go App and downloaded new firmwares about 8 times already.
2016-1-4
Use props
seanperona
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 07:13
Ahhh, I thought you were having NO signal and not limited signal.
My suggestion is to go into the  ...

Hi Ken! Unfortunately, i upgraded firmware to 1.6 again. installed 2.5 Go App and i am still experiencing severe video lag and No Signal on the status bar in the Go App. Again there is no problem with the RC. I can still control the AC. It is the downlink of the video on my phone that bothers me.

The status bar on top of the App show No Signal and would prompt me to RTH. I do not know what else to do. Will again try to downgrade to 1.5 and use the 2.5 Go App with it. Hope you can give me other ideas. Thanks!
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

seanperona Posted at 2016-1-10 19:17
Hi Ken! Unfortunately, i upgraded firmware to 1.6 again. installed 2.5 Go App and i am still exper ...

So you are having both video and RC control problems? If you have video lag it would not initiate a RTH. RTH happens if you lose radio signal not video video signal.
Try again and look at the top of the screen at the RC signal strength and HD signal strength and see if those bars drop down.

Also, have you tried another device, and also a different USB cable. I think that's what the issue is. If you don't have a defferent device, can you borrow from a friend and install the app just to test.
2016-1-10
Use props
zydulum
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having this exact No Signal and Video Lag issue with my P3 Advanced. Only started today, was ok last time i flew.

I am running latest firmware and app on iOS 9 on a iPhone 6. No modifications to the craft or controller.
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules