Toronto Pano
797 5 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

Hey Friends,

After a very mild December, we were nailed by snow and rain last night. I captured this pano before the storm arrived yesterday. This is a 3 layer, 3 frame HDR pano. 36 photos in total.

The Brickworks by Greg Patterson, on Flickr
2015-12-29
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very nice photo.  Welcome to winter.
2015-12-29
Use props
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2015-12-29 14:13
Very nice photo.  Welcome to winter.

It was a very bitter reminder this morning of what we've avoided up to this point.
2015-12-29
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

very   interesting
2015-12-29
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.2

United States

i would like to see the 12 shoots [one layer] you took to get this, i just do not seem to be able to get it done correct when i try, i have no problem with my dslr doing this but i am just not doing something correct with my p3p. Do you leave it in the same spot when you take them then did you use Photoshop to merge them? I keep getting a error when i do mine in Photoshop.
2015-12-29
Use props
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-12-29 22:44
i would like to see the 12 shoots [one layer] you took to get this, i just do not seem to be able to ...

I YAW the drone working left to right with about 25% overlap. Just like pivoting a DSLR on a tripod. Then tilt the camera up/down and repeat.

For this photo, I merged in Photoshop CS6 using the 'cylindrical' algorithm. I have found stitching these seems to be a little experimental in the sense that sometimes photoshop can stitch with success and sometimes it just can't get the job done without insane distortion. When Photoshop doesn't work, I use a free app called 'Hugein', and it does a really nice job. In my experience with panos, it takes a little patience and sometimes multiple attempts with different algorithms to get it right.
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules