Radar direction is wrong on bottom left
967 6 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

When I fly, the radar on the bottom left isn't accurate. The arrow isn't showing forward, it shows it's backwards. How can I fix this? There is no problem with flight, just the radar isn't right.

2015-12-29
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Is the arrow on the map also wrong?  If not then it'll be to do with the compass in your phone/tablet rather than the Phantom.
2015-12-30
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I put 'flight mode' on my phone. Could that be the problem? Flight mode disables the gps and everything to the phone.
2015-12-30
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

It shouldn't make any difference as it's the phone's compass that's used to determine the direction it's pointing.  Do you have a compass app on the phone?  Just check that's correct when it's attached to the controller & switched on.  Phone compasses can also be affected by interference, just the same as the one in the drone.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please try  compass calibration on both the aircraft and your device .
2015-12-30
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you guys. It worked. Had to calibration the drones compass plus my cell phone. Plus I moved my drone from the basement to the upper floor. Maybe there was interference downstairs?
2015-12-30
Use props
oldpeach
lvl.2

Canada

Another good tip for you. Don't calibrate your compass in doors.. That's a good way of losing your air craft
2015-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules