Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi,

I recently bought a second hand remote controller for the purpose of dual operator shooting.
I bought it from my friend who crashed his inspire 1 few months ago, his inspire 1 was destroyed letting his remote controller sitting there useless,  so he finally decided to sell it to me.
Anyway, I tried to upgrade the controller with the newest firmware by using usb with sd card in, but no response, so I asked my friend what version the controller is and he doesn't know either. OK, as mentioned in DJI firmware upgrade document, if the firmware is v1.3.0 or higher, it needs to be upgraded via DJI GO only, so I firstly guessed this is the reason.

When I connected the RC to my Andriod tablet, there was no response except a short beep sound from my tablet indicating there is a physical connection (power up charging to tablet). In the camera view, it shows Disconnect on the top of the screen. As far as I know by using my own Inspire 1 RC, it should show "No Signal" only (aircraft off). I tried three different tablets and phones, or even used different usb cables, it's the same, Disconnect!  Most information shown in DJI GO camera view are N/A, so I can't check the RC firmware version either.

This RC has been put aside for 4 months after the crash, I guess possibly the firmware inside was partly corrupted, or there might be USB hardware failure.
Apart from no connection, other controller light indicators and sound signals when I flipped switches from it seems functioning

Any other suggestion? I am trying to discharge the battery inside, hopefully it will start a complete reset process, but it is difficult to open the case and disconnect the battery inside. What else can I do before needing to send it to DJI for repair?
2015-12-30
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have tried the C1+C2 switch stuff as mentioned in this forum, but same, no connection to DJI GO. The DJI GO is the latest version but the RC firmware certainly not

Help please!
2015-12-30
Use props
munnecke
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem with my Phantom 3 Pro when upgrading to firmware 1.4.  The remote simply wouldn't connect to the aircraft after the upgrade, no matter what I did to reinstall the old version, etc.  I took it back to my dealer and they couldn't get it to work, either.  They had to replace the remote control.

The Q in DJI stands for Quality Control.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2015-12-31 02:11
I have tried the C1+C2 switch stuff as mentioned in this forum, but same, no connection to DJI GO. T ...

Look at page 31 of the manual and linking the slave controller and see if you can get it going. When you get the slave connected, look at the about page and see what the RC firmware is.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_en_v2.0_1218.pdf
2015-12-31
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-1 15:40
Look at page 31 of the manual and linking the slave controller and see if you can get it going. Wh ...

Try that many times! The problem is that when the status shown in CamerView is Disconnected,  and if I triy to set it to slave or master mode in RC Settings page, a Tips box pops up asking for Change RC Function, no matter I press Cancel or OK, there is no action, the RC remains Disconnected.

Is it a USB hardware failure?  I can't think of other possibility, please help!
By the way, if I send it back to DJI for inspection, is there any DJI service center in Hong Kong?
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2016-1-1 08:06
Try that many times! The problem is that when the status shown in CamerView is Disconnected,  and  ...

Go to the support page from the DJI website  a contact a center in your area
2016-1-1
Use props
djiuser_eTrObj4
lvl.1

United States

Have you resolved this I'm having the EXACT issue
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_eTrObj4 Posted at 2017-10-16 13:01
Have you resolved this I'm having the EXACT issue

If the RC firmware is higher than V1.3.0, please update RC via APP.
Do you encounter the ''Disconnected'' issue in APP?
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules