New rulings in France for January 1, 2016
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Here's some newinformation for those based in France. Two new ministerial decisions concerningUAV were published on December 17; they become official on January 1, 2016, replacingthe order of April 11, 2012. They can be found on the official government website:
DEVA1528542A
DEVA1528469A
I am certainly not a legal expert, and the ministerial texts are difficult reading,but the first impression is that there are some real improvements in the new rules.I believe thanks to the effort of the French Federation for Model Aircraft (FFAM).  
Concerning amateur use (“model aircraft”), forexample, three points have been clarified and the flight up to 150 meters AGLoutside urban areas is maintained:
  • ·        Flight in FPV mode no longer requires thepresence of a second pilot with an independent RC controller; the new rulingstipulates that a second person must be present to keep the craft in visualcontact to alert the pilot of collision risks.
  • ·        Flight in Waypoint mode (“automatic”) is now authorized,provided that the pilot is able to take over command of the craft at anymoment.
  • ·        Aerial photography/video is allowed as long asthe images are not used for commercial purposes.
Other good news, there's no sign here of registration of model aircraft...
There also appears to be some improvement in the professional scenarios, inparticular for UAV less than 2 kg.
All of this should be much clearer in early January when the DGAC makesavailable new user guides (separately for hobby and commercial use) and arevised security notice for “hobby use”; check out news on their site.
Good flying!

2015-12-30
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227470 ft
Spain

Hi,

I am seeking for help on place to fly and take pictures and videos in France, in the French Riviera area. Please look my following post with questions I am asking:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183209-1-1.html

2019-3-7
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

PLEASE NOTE: you have brought up an OLD post; those interested in the present situation in France should go to France: Registration for drones > 800 grams is now active
As for local information,  concerning the French Riviera, I'm not able to help on that, you'll need someone living there. Be aware that the GEOPORTAIL map is not fully complete; there is a lot of military flight activity (need to check zones and hours of activity... see NOTAM, SupAIP, etc.). Keep in mind that flying over populated beaches is forbidden; your best bet would be to fly early in the morning in remote areas. Also, flying over villages, private residences, habitable zones, public parks, etc. is forbidden. Flying inland may have additional restrictions, for example the prefect may forbid flight (drones, ULM, etc.) in cliff areas where birds are nesting. Take care!
Good flying!
2019-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems there are new rules coming in every country these days
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced