Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEWSFLASH - I flew today and nothing went wrong
1612 21 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.wildlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Had a normal take off
Flew around some (it was a stonking breeze)
Took some pictures (hand flew a mapping flight)
Landed uneventfully.

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

2015-12-30
Use props
klinknky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

Not enough information, Mate!!!! What firmware are you using?  Was your battery 100% charged?  Standard, Pro or Adv? Have you read the instruction manual ?
2015-12-30
Use props
nigelwilkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Now that you've tempted fate...

{:3_53:}
2015-12-30
Use props
mike.wildlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

klinknky Posted at 2015-12-31 01:06
Not enough information, Mate!!!! What firmware are you using?  Was your battery 100% charged?  Stand ...

Crikey! Good point! I should analyse something, using something else, that someone will have an opinion on.

Right-o, analysed the log it said "Ready to Fly"

Bloody hell- what do I do now? this sounds like a catastrophe! I have nothing to complain about!
2015-12-30
Use props
fraggdya
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mike.wildlight Posted at 2015-12-30 17:44
Crikey! Good point! I should analyse something, using something else, that someone will have an op ...

Analyse it again man!

hehe made me smile this.
2015-12-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Mike,
Maybe you could tell us what you did wrong!
Things like a thorough preflight check, batteries fully charged, calibrated the compass, ensured your RTH was set for surroundings and so on...
I really don't get why it went the way it did!
2015-12-30
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ok, this sounds much like every one of my own successful flights, I ever made with my delightful Phantom 3 Pro. ;-)

So, yeah, You definately need to RTFM twice again, maybe thrice... Hahaha

Thanks for the cheer... ;-)
Best of luck, continuing enjoying that Phantom. Or rightoh, it best be sent back for admiration. Ha

RedHotPoker
2015-12-30
Use props
david
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

Sounds to me you forgot to take-off from under a canopy of trees.  Also I think you may have neglected to point your antennas horizontal to the ground.   Did you launch immediately so that you did not have to listen to that silly confirmation lady voice?   Something was just not wrong here and the proof is in the success.  
2015-12-30
Use props
sifu128
lvl.4

United States

You are very adventourous
2015-12-30
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your successful flight, Mike.  Hopefully DJI makes things right for you.  Next time you go flying, make sure you put the props on incorrectly and make sure your battery has no more than 35% charge. That seems to solve this issue you have.
2015-12-30
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was your Phantom registered with the FAA? I am guessing not because the government would have ruined your flight in its search for worldwide domination. Obviously.
2015-12-30
Use props
eldreds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

I had four flights in a row and was feeling really confident in the thing, then.............
2015-12-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Remove the shell from the drone.  Reinstall the engines.  Buy a new device.  Smash the controller a few times with a hammer.  Make sure to let out all the black smoke.  That stuff really messes things up.
2015-12-30
Use props
Leges1890
lvl.1

United States

I had two successful flights today.  (That makes 3 total flights on my P3P).  We all must be doing something wrong!?
2015-12-30
Use props
0DRK3RT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Just flew my P3A in our bitter cold Michigan weather (18 F) with 17mph winds.   Battery was stable with no noticeable voltage drop, had a nice 14min flight.

Anyone know how this happened?  
2015-12-31
Use props
RubyRacing
New

United States

Got my P3P up a couple of times this afternoon...made two 18 minute flights. Landed it twice too! On purpose even....
2015-12-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is important to note that DJI say that once your aircraft is up in the air, they can guarantee that it will always come down again. In their whole history, no aircraft has ever been left up in the air, and that's a pretty enviable record.
2015-12-31
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Have i missed a New Update that works.. O Bugger
2016-1-1
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

A tad early for April 1 stuff, but cute nonetheless!

Years ago I wanted to buy a plane. Took lessons, spent thousands of hours on a simulator, etc. Every time there was a small plane crash, my mother-in-law would say "...see, see?" I told her one day - "Mom, every day there are thousands of planes taking off and landing without incident. You just never see them on the news!"

They don't fit either of the following:
(1) man bites dog
(2) it it bleeds, it leads

Enjoy your flying. My experiences have been awesome as well.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-1
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-30 17:22
I always feel lucky when i fly and nothing goes wrong.

Took some video of the canals in a nearby park. When my wife saw the video she acknowledged that I was getting braver and braver. She was alluding to the flying over water part.

In truth, I still don't fly with heart sometimes in my throat! I try to be blase about it - if it crashes it crashes. But I know if it does actually crash (or I lose it) I'll be severely bummed!

Happy New Year.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-1
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced