Channel hack
2369 7 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ovargas
lvl.1

Mexico

I´m a new phantom 3 adv user. I recently found a hack to increase from 8 to 32 channel in the DJI app. Does anyone know if this "upgrade" is reliable?? what experiences do you have? Does it increase the distance?
2015-12-30
Use props
donaldjames1990
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I found it to be worthwhile, I no longer have any video dropout and that gives me confidence to fly further.  I think it does increase distance as well.  
Keep in mind that line of sight is most important for distance. I like to get up at least 700 to 800 feet and then push it out there.  frequently I will turn the bird around to make sure I am still
able to see my takeoff point.  I  have been out 10,000 feet and am still pushing it.  I like to increase in 500 to 1000 foot increments.   The upgrade seems reliable and I have had great luck with it.

Note*  I see you are new to this,  I think you can add the channels but this will not make you a better pilot.  do things slowly and gain experience.   Always know your orientation as well.  This way if you lose video
you always know your heading.  Have fun, Cheers-Donnie
2016-1-3
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

32 channel hack
2016-4-5
Use props
gmezg
lvl.3

United States

donaldjames1990 Posted at 2016-1-4 05:01
I found it to be worthwhile, I no longer have any video dropout and that gives me confidence to fly  ...

If you lose video, but not RC signal, will the app still show all the information on the bottom like the map, altitude etc. Thanks
2016-4-5
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27147-1-1.html

The File:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authk ... 3&action=locate

The DJI remote controller only supports 8 channels officially but you can change this by changing a file used by the DJI Pilot app on your smartphone or tablet to make it support 32 channels.

If you have an Android device, do it like this:

1.Connect your Android device to your computer
2.Download the file named .DJI.configs
3.Copy the file to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files on your device
4.Launch the Pilot app and you will see that the remote controller now shows support for 32 channels
=========================

For iOS devices:

1.Connect your device via iTunes
2,Download the file named .DJI.configs
3.Click ‘Add File’ and copy the file to DJI Pilot Documents
4.Launch the app and you will see that the remote controller now shows support for 32 channels

2016-4-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

gmezg Posted at 2016-4-5 12:43
If you lose video, but not RC signal, will the app still show all the information on the bottom li ...

Sure, I have lost video before and still had telemetry .  The Video and the RC both use lighbridge but are on seperate frequencies .  The "Image Transmission " can take andvantage of the additional Frequencies with the "Update " but the RC is limited to 8.   

Just make sure that you have the RTH which is in "meters" by the way is set to clear the Highest obstacle in the area and then just a  little more for cushion and not  much more.  The reason being is usually when you loose RC signal you are usually  a ways from the home point  and want to spare all the power you can , so by having enough altitude to clear the tallest  obstacle  and not much more will give you the best chance of a happy ending.  My tallest obstacle in my are is about 150, feet so  I have the RTH set for 50 meters which is  about 170 feet.  
****In addition , with the aid of simple windsurfer antenna kit ($ 25.00 with shipping )  and my "32 chan.  Update "  I am getting now 14,000 feet with my Inspire 1.  My P3P was bout the same.  Please B careful , this was basically line of sight in  the country.  I only pushed the distance slowly as i gained more confidence in my equipment and my comfort level with the reliability of the aircraft.  Only do these distance flights in Low or no wind conditions , I also have a "Trackimo" GPS  tracker as well on my aircraft.  

Hope this helps

-donnie
2016-4-5
Use props
gmezg
lvl.3

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-6 02:01
Sure, I have lost video before and still had telemetry .  The Video and the RC both use lighbridge  ...

Wow, that's awesome distance! Thank you kindly for the info
2016-4-5
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

I'm to worried it will void my warranty/dji care, I'll wait till the warranty is finished.
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules