DJI RC Assistant wont connect to remote control
52560 34 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

I am trying to do a firmware upgrade as suggested prior to a first flight.  I have downloaded the software, turned on and connected the RC Assistant 1.1 software but the controller isn't recognized, the lights don't come on and when you move the sticks nothing is shown on the screen.  What am I doing wrong.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I have tried connecting to the computer and then turning on the controller and launching the software, launching the software then connecting and turning on the controller and every other configuration I can think of but can't get those lights in the lower left corner of the screen to come on or do anything else.  Please can someone help me with what I am doing wrong.  Thanks
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Download the Driver (DJI WIN Driver Installer)
Win Driver Link:  EXE
2014-9-24
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

I have tried using a windows 7 and a windows eight computer now along with a different micro USB cable which we know to work. Still not connection.  I have entered the user name and password.
2014-9-24
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

when I do that I get a power on MC and connect to PC what is the MC?
2014-9-24
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

I did but I got the connect MC to PC message and was trying to figure out what MC was.  I took it to mean Master Controller and voila everything worked like a charm and no firmware updates were needed.  Thank you hd_ultra for your help made my night!
2014-9-24
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

Got her all charged up, can make the phone connection for the ground station so tomorrow if the weather is good we will make a maiden voyage.  Thanks again really excited about trying this1
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Turn on the phantom and radio controller. Connect the usb to phantom.

Did you download all there softwares
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.1
Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2
DJI WIN Driver Installer

2014-9-24
Use props
phillipsfamily3
lvl.1

United States

Like I said a couple posts back, thanks!  I got her all fixed up.
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

phillipsfamily3 Posted at 2014-9-25 20:39
Like I said a couple posts back, thanks!  I got her all fixed up.

Sorry about that I did not see that post.
Have fun and safe flying.
2014-9-25
Use props
martincredland
New

United Kingdom

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 10:42

Thanks for such a small post with fantastic results. I have been pulling my hair out for over a week now lol
2014-12-26
Use props
dave959525
New

United Kingdom

martincredland Posted at 2014-12-27 00:45
Thanks for such a small post with fantastic results. I have been pulling my hair out for over a we ...

Hi im having the same issue. I cant get the transmitter or the Phantom 2 Vision plus to connect. i have tried installing DJI win drivers on windows 7 but no joy. Any advice please?
2014-12-30
Use props
ascallan
New

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 10:57

Did you download all there so ...

Hello
Phantom 2  vision+... I'm having the same problem.  All software has been downloaded.  Drivers, rc assistant and assistant 3.6.  Tried on a vista computer.  But now on a win 7 system.   Trying to change to naza.   Drivers loaded to MC controller but when I click the "Phantom" button, is keeps asking to "connect the controller".  

I have not yet connected the phantom itself.

Help!
2015-1-1
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Try again---connect the controller---You need to download a file WIN before proceeding...
2015-1-1
Use props
ascallan
New

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2015-1-2 01:25
Try again---connect the controller---You need to download a file WIN before proceeding...

Thanks for the response...Which file to download?  I've already downloaded

WIN Installer v 1.2
Phantom Vision Assistant v 3.6
Phantom RC assistant v 1.2

2015-1-1
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

having similar issues with my own Phantom Vision 2 Plus trying desperately to get it into NAZA mode so we can really play

may have to swing by and pick up another controller, mine is getting "lease Connect Controller" for windows 3.4 and 3.6 versions, but the RC assistant shows it right away.  (obv installed win driver)

the RC assist said my controller needed firmware update, so I did it, cycled it, same thing still.  RC assit will move the calibraty-thingies but phantom 2 program (where you NAZA it up like a boss) won't ever find the controller.  Power cycle, change USB (although obviously not the issue if program A found it)

So I moved to the macbook air, downloaded all the dmgs, same issue.  The assistant software can see my controller instantly, the Phantom 2 software keeps saying "lease connect controller"

I'm just going to drones plus to buy the flashy controller I saw with the side-wheel for camera up camera down without lifting a finger to poke my android and hope that one will NAZA itself up easily.
2015-1-6
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

I have done this (now software version 3.6)
and then tried again on a Mac.  

the assistant software finding it just great but the 3.6 not finding it has me certainly ready for a drink and another think
2015-1-6
Use props
arelmahdi
New

Sudan

I did that but still having problems connecting
2015-1-17
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

arelmahdi@gmail Posted at 2015-1-18 01:23
I did that but still having problems connecting

You will be better off starting a new thread and giving full details of what you are doing and what the problem is.
What we need to know is phantom model, transmitter model, version of the assistants, windows or mac, and details of your connection procedure.
2015-1-17
Use props
david
lvl.1

New Zealand

Wow.... I am so pleased to see I am not the only one with the exact same issue. But I did not know about the DJI win driver .... Will go install and see if we can get things sorted.
I have been flying the V3 for nearly a month anyway with no issues just thought I would plug it in to double check stuff....
Happy flying phantom owners!
2015-1-19
Use props
johnwarr.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Just for future reference, the manual does tell you how to install the PC or MAC Assistants.
2015-1-19
Use props
richard_may41.e
New

United States

Guys i have figured it out you enter Naza mode if you have the Phantom plugged in and also turn on your controller with out it being plugged in
2015-1-24
Use props
pcponce.email
New

Australia

phillipsfamily3 Posted at 2014-9-25 10:55
Got her all charged up, can make the phone connection for the ground station so tomorrow if the weat ...

it took me almost whole day today to calibrate my radio controller and the aircraft in to the software. I downloaded " Phantom 2 vision software v3.6"( Latest version) and The "Phantom RC Assistant Software V1.2". I couldn't figure out why my PC did not recognize USB connections,message kept popping up "connect controller" failed,I was getting frustrated......Until I read your instruction...DJI WIN DRIVER installer was the key to get the USB connections recognized..Voila!!  It works!!!....... cheers for that,hd_ultra.
2015-1-25
Use props
pcponce.email
New

Australia

phillipsfamily3 Posted at 2014-9-25 10:43
I have tried using a windows 7 and a windows eight computer now along with a different micro USB cab ...

.....MC stands for Module Control inside the aircraft..
2015-1-25
Use props
hwperk
New

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 10:42

Man, THANKS for that reply! That even got rid of those slow flashing yellow lights (...and probably saved a perfectly good copter).
2015-3-12
Use props
PowerUser
lvl.1
Croatia

I have the same problem, I plug the remote and turn it ON and nothing. Green light glows on the remote and I have no connection in RC app. I just wanted to update. I have updated Phantom without any problems so all programs installed.

What can I try to get the conenction ?
2015-12-30
Use props
alteroie
New

Israel

Hi, having the same problem, updated the phantom using the assistant, now the RC assistant don't recognize the remote, when it connected directly with USB cable to my PC.Yes, the drone is recognized but the remote isnt. and im using the RC systemsoftware.

2016-2-27
Use props
Toelis
lvl.3
Netherlands

alteroie@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-27 14:11
Hi, having the same problem, updated the phantom using the assistant, now the RC assistant don't rec ...

I read more about this problem. In my opinion it is a Windows 10 problem. I couldn't install the driver under Windows 10. Then I installed Windows 7 at that PC, and see, it works properly. Installed Windows 10 again leaving the Windows 7 environment. The installed RC-Assistent then didn't work. Removed Windows 10, installed Windows 7 again and suddenly it was saturday evening :-))))
And under Windows 7 de USB driver installed well and RC-assistent also worked properly.

While installing on the Windows 10 PC I see a dialog box saying that there is "no USB driver needed" ???

I also discovered that the USB connection in de RC is a bit fragiel. Putting my finger on the plug resulted in a proper working connection !!!
2016-2-27
Use props
bluesideup777
lvl.1

United States

Toelis Posted at 2016-2-27 14:10
I read more about this problem. In my opinion it is a Windows 10 problem. I couldn't install the d ...

This is not from me but this is what worked for me. This is also how you may fix the problem on windows 8.

For people having issues installing the device on Windows 10, I think I have the answer (well it worked for me anyway)

1) First, you have to disable the requirement for drivers to be signed, a guide can be found here for windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users:
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

2) Once that has been done, open device manager on your PC and expand the Serial ports section, now if you plug and wait then unplug your naza, you should see one here called USB serial device that will have a COM number of 1-15 possibly after it. This will be your Naza.

3)Right click your COM device, click 'update driver Software', then click 'Browse my computer for driver software'
4) then click 'let me pick from a list'.
5)Click 'have disk' then browse to the location the DJI driver software put the drivers (generally 'C:/Program Files (x86)/DJI Product/DJI Driver vx.xx' or similar. In this folder will be a 3 source folders, you will need to open the Source64 folder then select the .inf file and click open
6) The device driver box should now have DJI USB Virtual COM or similar in, click this then click next. This should successfully install the device driver and allow the software to now see your Naza. If at the last stage you get an error saying the driver could not be installed, you may not have completed step 1 correctly and disabled driver signing, or the driver may be corrupted. In the latter, uninstall the device drivers from the Remove Programs section of control panel, reboot, then install the driver package again from DJI.

If the above has helped, please quote the post and let me know, also any issues please let me know and i'll do my best to help.

If USB Serial Device does not show up in device manager for you or does not disappear when you unplug/plug the USB cable for the Naza THIS GUIDE WILL NOT HELP YOU
2016-3-11
Use props
gia-host
New

Ireland

bluesideup777@a Posted at 2016-3-11 11:11
This is not from me but this is what worked for me. This is also how you may fix the problem on wi ...

work fine for me - thx a lot
2016-5-7
Use props
bluesideup777@a Posted at 2016-3-11 18:11
This is not from me but this is what worked for me. This is also how you may fix the problem on wi ...

Thank you bluesideup777.  I've been trying to get this stupid thing working for such a long time X_X
2016-5-25
Use props
the skys the li
lvl.1

Ireland

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 03:42

hi there,id like to just say thanks for your helpfull tip on how to set naza mode on phantom 2,i was trying to get it done for about a day..usb cable would not recognize phantom...then i came across your thread tryed it and hey pesto it works...yippee cant wait to test out new settings...thanks again
2016-8-1
Use props
BYQLhRG8ERof
New

United States

Thank You hd_ultra in post 2#.  That, along with reboot of the PC fixed me right up!
2016-8-26
Use props
fans2c0e8459
lvl.1

I am having a terrible time updating my controller: i have the RC assist; phantom ON, Radio ON, i see the radio ON when moving sticks. Its telling me error motors detect too much radio on one of tue controllers. ON VIEW-tab: “T” is wayyydown, “R” is jiggliing center to top. As if I am moving it and I am not even touching anything... Can anyone Helppp pleaseee
2018-9-3
Use props
fans2c0e8459
lvl.1

My erroris ( 29) pleaasee help
2018-9-3
Use props
fans2c0e8459
lvl.1

United States

I took my phantom ( not vision) to the field, all calibrated, green, radio green. Turned on motors, 50%throttle and goes up and Drone forgets the radio and does not obey any commandssss, He hearts poundsss, I have no idea what may be, I may forgetting anything, would anyone have any idea how to solve the issue.

I have radio sync for take off but then, does not obey afterwards????  Pplease help,,,,
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules